What music have you been listening to this past week?

I’m 90-95% classical in my listening so I’ll try pretty much anything in the genre. I’ll have a listen to your suggestions, or at least give it a shot.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Big fan of Glass here jumping in the suggestions .
Maybe “The Qatsi trilogy “ is a good start since you can help the music with the images. They are superlative both together.
The symphonies, as @mfadio said, are all pretty good.
Just don’t start with “Einstein on the Beach” if you choose the operas first. :crazy_face::wink:

4 Likes

Another Glass’ fan here.
As @Hansel wrote to @perogie “The Qatsi Trilogy” is probably the best introduction to Glass’ works.
“Low Symphony” is a good starting point among symphonies.
Symphonies from 8 to 11 are all accessible and easy listening IMO.
“Analog” or “Etoile Polaire” (same album, two different titles for marketing reasons) is a good entry point for instrumental music.

3 Likes

I have various recordings of this piece but the one you highlighted is superb.

2 Likes

Doing the Irish thing since it’s St. Patrick’s day. Little Chieftains, Pogues, Clancy Brothers and many others. Had a chance to see the Chieftains in Oregon but some reason didn’t go, could have been a good show.

Been listening to a lot of my favorite Trance, Prog House and so on last week. Goes in periods then its prolly back to jazz or rock next. Some favorites often on repeat :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love jazz duos trumpet/drums. Taylor Ho Bynum (member of Anthony Braxton collective) and Tomas Fujiwara are among my favourites. Their latest release show well why I love their music

1 Like

This album is simply awesome.

1 Like

ALBUM: Glow

ARTIST: Alice Phoebe Lou

STREAM

1 Like

2 Likes

Great on from Richard Skelton

1 Like

Everytime I need a Cure fix, I automatically gravitate to Paris.

R-1552728-1298651059.jpeg

It’s one of my favorite live albums

4 Likes

Great choice @jthvac.

1 Like

very cool stuff, crazy percussion sounds.

1 Like
4 Likes

And check the soundstage L&R on Drifted :+1:

1 Like

https://youtu.be/ZsmeuC38nkw

Been listening to him a great deal. He has a nicely recorded album on Bandcamp with uncompressed options.

1 Like
2 Likes