What’s in the box **Tubed Edition**

Got these in last week for the Envy. Still waiting on adapters though :frowning:

1942 Tung Sol 6F8G VT-99

14 Likes

Nice! Almost made of unobtanium now.
I have a Cavalli Liquid Glass. I’ve yet to hear the famed Tung Sol BGRP tubes in that amp. One of these days I’ll meet up with someone who has a pair of good BGRP tubes and I’ll get to find out how the amp sounds with those tubes. One of these days. And when that day happens I’ll listen to Pink Floyd “Meddle”.

4 Likes

Trick or Treat
Smell my feet
I got some more tubes today…
(I have to work on that a bit) :thinking::crazy_face:

NOS 1943 RCA 6SN7gt USN “Gray Glass”

Got this guy for fun too…

…more cord than amp lol

Happy Halloween :jack_o_lantern: :ghost::skull: !!!

12 Likes

I got the Little Bear version of that amp. There’s a few mods you can do to improve it (replace caps/mosfets) if you’re so inclined

1 Like

The Bravo Audio V2 was my starter tube amp…gave electric shocks to myself several times…shocked an old iPhone to the Red Screen of firmware reinstallation…the factory power supply eventually died and was replaced with a $10 clone.

Be aware that it doesn’t generate much bass and that it’s a noise magnifier. Keep electrical interference away. It’ll ting and ring with a slight tap. Brighter tubes can be brutal – Ken-Rad has worked for me.

1 Like

Haha, more toobs for you! :laughing:

Why the little amp? LOL You’re brave to plug your headphones into that!

2 Likes

Well for like 30 something bucks I thought “why not”? Bought it mostly for a conversation piece and it’s kinda cool to look at. I talk about music, headphones, Dacs, amps, especially tube amps, at work all the time and literally no one, not a single person, knows anything about headfi.(the hobby not the site) Only the guys around my age even know what tubes are but no one has a dac or a headphone amp.

I have influenced some coworkers into the DAP-IEM arena. Thought it would be a cool little amp to take to my office for some show and tell. Probably end up giving it to someone. Might get a couple more to give to friends/family unless it’s total garbage… My insanity/obsession needs some company. :laughing:

Tried getting my wife into headphones etc, but all I get is “Ohh, that sounds nice” lol. My coworkers are my next target :smirk:

As far as headphones…I’ll probably take some of my Porta-Pros or KPH30i to the office to use with it.

10 Likes

Nice, I feel like I wrote this. Same experiences haha!

1 Like

LOL! That’s why you’re here :smile:

Same for me… It’s my thing.

2 Likes

I picked this box up from the local Walgreen’s that acts as my FedEx Home Delivery mail stop (I wish I could use the standard FedEx store - it’s closer to work). The shorthand above the shipping label pretty much gives it away:

Well packed, just like the Gungnir Multibit:

All the little noval tubes:

Stacked on the Gumby:

This might seem silly, but I mutter “engage the multiplier circuit” a la Sean Connery from The Hunt for Red October when I flick the impedance multiplier circuit’s switch. I’ve also started a log book for my office tube amps to keep track of the amount of time spent with the tubes powered up.

Regards,
Vic

19 Likes

That looks so nice. Now you need to locate a pair of vintage (vintage 2000 or so) ASL Hurricane monobloc amplifiers to extend to a speaker system. I sort of covet a pair of these:

9 Likes

It’s a beaut Vic!

f3ee7e10-f665-4307-a7ea-2215a25e56d3_text

7 Likes

'Tis.

Another thing of beauty arrived today courtesy of @jthvac:

Grant Fidelity Treasure Globe 6SN7-SE

I can’t wait to install it in the Lyr+ tomorrow. Shame there’s an all staff meeting tomorrow at 10 am, I might have to get to the office early to get an hour or two of listening in.

Regards,
Vic

12 Likes

Wow, that is an amazing looking tube !! I’ve never seen one of those.
Wonder what a couple of those would be like in the Envy?

2 Likes

Hey, Happy Cakeday!!! :beers:

1 Like

Thanks!

20 characters

Wonder what a couple of those would be like in the Envy?

Likely it would be bliss! I had a matched pair that I sold with my MZ-2. They really picked that up a notch. One word of warning, you need to look at the dimensions of the tube and the layout of your amp. I couldn’t use them in the WA5-LE because the 2 sockets for the driver tubes are too close together for the globes to fit

3 Likes

All tubed up with no place to go (*still patiently awaiting notification my Stellaris is being built). But I am ready for day 1. :smiley:

14 Likes

New for the Envy….The Elrog!!

17 Likes

Finally received these today after patiently :grimacing:waiting for just over a month for them. Blown away by how perfect and shiny these are…These may be the cleanest, perfect condition NOS tubes I’ve got yet. Just immaculate Brimar STC L63 shouldered 6J5G’s.
Took forever to get them from Langrex but man are they pretty!!

15 Likes