What's in the box!

Indeed! They poison all the RF noise, making everything sound smoother and darker…just crank up the volume and you’ll realize that nothing is lost, all the details are there and the M Scaler is operating optimally.

2 Likes

In case it does not help with RFI it looks to make a good home defense weapon too! Dual use case if it does help with RFI.

3 Likes

Take this from an Aelous obsessive: this pair is fucking gorgeous!

I’ve seen a lot of cocobolo on ZMFs, even owned a coco Atticus at one point. This is up there with the best. IMO having the screen “interrupt,” break up the coco grain & figure makes it even more dramatic looking.

You really scored with this one! And let’s not forget how wonderful the sound of the Aeolus is…

5 Likes

Paging animal control…“We received a couple venomous snakes in the post”

3 Likes

Yeah really. Wowzah!

Fed Ex tells me I have something coming tomorrow. Wonder what it could be?

3 Likes

Something with a name brand that starts with the letters DN…

2 Likes

THE KRAKEN!!!

This amp came in a huge seahorse case,
Other amp box as reference.

I got to say after :headphones: ng to this they should switch the name to Terminator X Gremlin
No joke this thing is a mechanical beast.
Stay tuned for a comparison of my SE84(similar to leeloo/pendant) and Kenzie alongside this:

Mogwai SE w/ Jupiter Caps Upgrade

20 Likes

A …hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Yes.

3 Likes

Nice!! Cant wait to hear about it!!

2 Likes

That Cocobolo wood on the Aeolus came out super sweet!!

1 Like

I contacted to Drop saying cable for the Elex looked pretty frazzled after 15 months. They offered to replace everything when I asked if it would be possible for me to buy a new one. So…brand new Elex free :laughing:

17 Likes

I gotta stop reading review threads. I didn’t need any of this :-/

18 Likes

That looks like a cute little amp. I don’t know enough about it. Should research it.

1 Like

Schiit also just made a Valid 2+ if you want to check that out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I saw that. I read a bit about it on another forum.

1 Like

At 50% off, why not? :man_shrugging:

se846

19 Likes

Yeah, Yeah. Me too. Can’t resist it when @resolve says they aren’t being made anymore.

I’d had a chance to listen to a DEVA last year and really like it’s sound as well as the cosmetics. So, I went ahead and bought one when I found out they were being discontinued ( The Wired version that is. ) by HiFiMan.

Has anyone found a better cable than the one that comes with it? It reminds me of old appliance power cords, stiff as heck.

Mark Gosdin

12 Likes

Wait, I didn’t say the Deva wasn’t being made anymore. Where did you see that?

3 Likes

My bad, I should have said that they stopped selling the wired Deva, which is what I wanted.

[quote=“Resolve, post:3, topic:9075”]
HiFiMAN stopped selling the wired Deva ($220) at the same time the HE5XX came out
/quote]

It was in the HE-5XX thread that I saw it. Stopped Selling =/= Quit Making.

Never should I try to do anything that requires thinking on a Friday…

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

Oh, yeah I meant specifically on their website too. I think they’re still available on amazon. Still, I personally find the bluemini quite interesting - and hopeful for the future haha.

3 Likes