What's in the box!

One ‘super fun’ Unix trick:

rm -r *

1 Like

10 PRINT “That’s just EVIL!”
20 GOTO 10

1 Like

I won’t burden this thread with an impression writeup, but since some folks suggested I follow up on my unboxing short, I posted my 5-day impressions of DAVE in the DAVE thread, if anyone is curious.

Short version: :open_mouth: whoaaaaaa! (which I’m sure is a shock to nobody)

20 Likes

Grado GH4 and Aperta 100 stands for the LS50W II :smiley:

14 Likes

The KEF LS50 W2 and the GRADO GH4,

hmmmm you hit my acoustic G-spot twice :star_struck: :crazy_face: :relaxed:

3 Likes

The Aperta, compared to the plastic studio version 155, are metal but importantly to me have a wind up side where you can fine tune tilt. In nearfield, good to point those drivers just right

2 Likes

My aural fingers extending deep

2 Likes

rm -R *

The first one leaves the directory structure, this one leaves nothing. :smiling_imp:

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

The exquisite beauty of both Unix and the C programming language is that one can experience utter, complete failure and destruction with a routine typo or misplaced character. Just 5 characters here. The creators literally didn’t want to lift a finger for quality control and defense for their own work (i.e., a wee bit of redundancy; so Ada was created).

2 Likes

Lucked out and scored one from our local Apple store.

15 Likes

My condolences… :wink:

Nice pick up! Hope you enjoy them!

9 Likes

For my new Schiit Saga+.

Sophia Electric 6SN7 (A Grade)

24 Likes

Looks like my Secret Santas @TylersEclectic and @jb77 sent me two boxes!? What could be inside?

20 Likes

Hate to break it to you but it’s not secret if you know who sent it :wink:. Nobody sends me anything though so I shouldn’t talk :roll_eyes::joy:.

3 Likes

Hahaha thanks! They’re really nice…unbeatable in its class (Wireless ANC HPs) right now when it comes to build quality and features. Sound quality wise, they become decent after changing the HP Accommodations in the accessibility settings.

Love the fact that I can have decent SQ, make phone calls, have conversations and switch seamlessly between devices without even thinking about taking the headphones off or fiddling with settings etc etc. Definitely a keeper and I look forward to the second iteration.

3 Likes

Let the fun begin!

21 Likes

25 Likes

Schiit Vidar now in play! :loud_sound::star_struck:

20 Likes

Is that a Cambridge integrated? Are you using it as a preamp, or for something else? Looks like node -> Bifrost -> Cambridge -> Vidar?

2 Likes

Hi @mfadio , I have a few options right now to use as preamps and dacs. Right this moment as I type this on my couch listening to one of my playlists through ROON, just to get a feel for the Vidar sound on its own I am using it with the Nodi2i, then I will probably roll it with Bifrost, D90, the Pendant, and LYR3 as well, I didn’t think to use the Cambridge as I am going to be comparing the two amps. I am going to be doing a review on three amps at three price points and three different streamers at different price points to get a feel for all of their sound with the KEF LS50 Meta and mixing and matching to see what combos might have the best synergy. I will have some other tube preamps coming in for review soon too.

6 Likes