What's in the box!

oh damn! you did it! Nice

2 Likes

And box #2 just showed up!

7 Likes

I’m jealous! Look forward to seeing the shots.

3 Likes

Me too!! Super excited just need to charge all the batteries lol

1 Like

With the standard Sony chargers (and/or via USB-C), that’ll take 2 or 3 million years.

Order one of these, and one of these and they might just show up before the batteries charge the “normal” way! :wink:

(Okay, it’s not really quite that bad … )

Congrats though, you’re going to have a ton of fun with that!

3 Likes

And from the “how big can we make the box” department, it’s a new-box day here too …

Sadly the labels are a bit of a give-away …

15 Likes

Nice! I love my Sony, there are some great Zeiss, and G lenses for the alpha series. Looking forward to some pics from the new gear. Congratulations. :+1:t4:

2 Likes

Shot the 16 f1.4 on a Nikon Full Frame - very nice choice! Have fun

1 Like

I forgot to post the end result of what was in those boxes …

The two huge ones held the two top “shelves” in the stack of Chord electronics (on the left). And the smaller one was the Étude amplifier, which is my final choice for a speaker amp to drive the SR1a.

13 Likes

it’s here
Big fat thanks to the community and especially @taronlissimore

Love the ifi xDSD + Elegia combination

8 Likes

Congrats! My go to closed back at work! When I want a lil more bass and fun I’ll throw my Cascades on :wink: or the TH-X00 PHs…

Let us know in the Elegia thread your thoughts after some time with them!

1 Like

thank you- of course! Need some quality time first.
Today is Barbecue time- miss them
the Cascades are so fun!
Elegia is not bass light and the ifi xDSD xBass+ soundoption is nice to have- my first hf I like both options- also the 3D+ opening up mids/highs a touch with a few songs. It all works as expected and better

First thought was isolation is better than I rembered but Elegia leaks a bit sound
my wife sang and danced doing the laundry while I played Bruno Mars “24k” :slight_smile:
The Pads will break in a bit with time- no worries at all

Tomorrow morning I get a few hours time with them

• can’t wait!
2 Likes

That is a great example of excellent mastering of a track!

2 Likes

yeah like Nora Jones and Daft Punk’s Random Access Memories of course…

• from the “new/modern” stuff what I really enjoy.

Also fan of “Chesky” Recordings and Dark Side of the Moon- the obvious-glorious
But I am not the overly analytical guy

found a few pearls in some threads here - like your spotify playlist "music for forum hf - listened to it for hours today while in the garden with my wife and dog
Nice to expand knowledge of good music instead of listening to only the own playlists

4 Likes

in development…

from a yesterdays “spontaneous short and fast shoot” - 4 hours for 3 pictures … lots of skandinavian beer and a good amount of first listening the new baby at a friends place

20190826_184929

6 Likes

I can’t wait to see some of the results! I’ll be posting some shots of my “portable” work setup here shortly…they were taken with my GX9, Kamlan 1.1 and the 25mm Lumix Sumilux 1.4

2 Likes

nice Tyler - sounds quite “open”

We are a bit curious ourselfes this time - developed them yesterday night after the shoot and saw immediately that the negatives got quite dark. We pulled a bit hard and wanted some moody situation displayed with the set.
My buddy moved a few weeks ago and has not finished the “labor”. At the end of the week he will enlarge and also scan the negatives for me. So I´m quite nervous about the outcoming :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, @taronlissimore for really taking care of me with this. Has anyone seen a comaprison of the Elegia to the Elex anywhere…

5 Likes

congratulations - have fun!

would love to read your review/comparison on both Nathan/ @MadRev
Edit: deleted not helpful remark

2 Likes

There’s a very brief comment on this in my review of the Elegia:

Of the headphones in my collection, the Clear and the Elex are the closest sounding to the Elegia - in fact they’re very close both tonally and in terms of timbre. If you were after a closed-back Elex, then you don’t need to look any further on that front. The Elear are a significant departure from all three, and without a pad-swap (to the Elex or Clear pads) do not really make the grade here.

… and …

From a purely technical perspective, the Elegia have resolution and clarity, as well as micro-dynamic performance that falls somewhere between the Elex/Elear and the Clear and otherwise perform on about the same level as the Elex.

And then the frequency response plot for both of them (see measurement details here), aligned at 1 kHz and using my custom calibration:

5 Likes