What's in the box!

I believe it is from a Zelda game :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sony may be a consumer brand, but heck they have some high-end gear I would love to try.
That brick is one of them :sunglasses: :smiley: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

So far I’m digging on it! TT2 is still king but this is really good… easy to get along with. Plus super versatile!

2 Likes

Finally…

21 Likes

Compared to TT2 it is a bargain, so I understand why it is liked. But still in the high-end re price for most of us.

2 Likes

Sweet stack!

That Modius is the best sounding AKM DAC I’ve heard. :+1:t4:

4 Likes

What a weekend. Found two full boxes of tubes from my father. He has never told me had them. Now, this… this what I prefer to see under the Christmas tree.

1. A bunch of Philips Miniwatt tubes and some RCA’s

2. More RCA’s, some individual tubes, and some tubes that are in the wrong boxes.

3. And the gems themselves. Some worthy Siemens, some Sylvania’, and some more Philips.

There are even more tubes, but those one don’t have their boxes.

What can I say? Took me good 2 hours to sort everything out (had to satisfy my OCD :man_shrugging:t2:). It’s a shame to know that these would’ve ended up in the trash bin if my father didn’t save them… hurts even more to know how many of these do actually end up in the bin.

28 Likes

Do you have uses for any of the tubes you found? Some of those are high dollar jobs? The 12AX7s and 12AU7s are commonly sought after valves. Here are some good references. Here’s a link with some good tube resource data too.

https://frank.pocnet.net

18 Likes

I do, but certainly not for all of them. I personally don’t plan to sell them, but would love to learn more about them. Tbh I am planning to visit some places and ask them if they have any “waste”, aka tubes.

Funny thing is, I had my first encounter with tubes only like a week ago - so this is quite overwhelming.

Thank you for the link! I’ll definitely check it out.

11 Likes

Man these cables are nice. The quality Is amazing…

23 Likes

Oh man one of my favorite cables!!! These feel so good to hold in the hand while listening!

5 Likes

These just came in:

PXL_20210105_201753171

Yes, the cable really is that bad. Luckily it’s the newer HIFIMAN series with 3.5mm connectors so I have a few cables around from the Focal Stellias.

Compared with my HE-560:

PXL_20210105_201857585

17 Likes

I got something random and fun to commemorate 2020!

What could it be?!?!

Oh yeah!

Trials and tribulations aside… the good of this year was finding true friends and building relationships here… nothing is really a bad experience… just something to help define you… it’s how you react or learn/grow from them that matters most… best to walk away with a smile and happiness in your heart than bitterness and anger!

Life is too short to be surrounded by anger or hate…

So the iconography of this is more the smiling face… it says to me “this sucks, but I’ll be better for it”

Also, it’s just plain hilarious :laughing:

22 Likes

Waiting for mine! Looking forward to it. What do you think so far!?

3 Likes

Gawd. Here, have some low grade medical tubing we found in an alley with 32 awg wires inside them.

Ffs.

12 Likes

Thats too generous, as HighFighMaghn tubing comes with a PermaCurl™ that lasts beyond the life of the headphones.

8 Likes

Past its prime urinary catheter if Im guessing, and maybe Im not.

6 Likes

What’s the recommended replacement?

I really liked the Lifatec cables, and I also wanted to ‘clean up’ the signal from the Apple TV.
(In fairness, the signal wasn’t dirty, but this also allows me to connect the output directly to two separate DACs)

14 Likes

Pre-kinked cables! My favorite thing about my Ananda’s!

5 Likes