What's in the box!

Now, these are some gorgeous ZMF’s! Holyyy :exploding_head::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Woooo hoooo @splayname mine landed today too!

4 Likes

ZMF VC in cocobolo wood

27 Likes

And how is the Echo2?

Your cocobolo wood looks night and day different from mine. On the card it came with, what finished did Zach use on that one? I’m thinking that is the difference. Yours looks really cool! Mine has a very dark reddish tint to mine.

1 Like

The finish on my cups is the pre-catalyzed water based lacquer, although I will say I think cocobolo just naturally varies drastically in look like my coco aeolus looks much darker and browner then my vc set.

3 Likes

So far, so good! Still early days though.

2 Likes

Whoa, that’s stunning. :heart_eyes: Is that the new olivewood?

1 Like

28 Likes

I screwed up the “in the box” part, but my latest addition:

New toy syndrome and all that, but really loving them so far! I was looking at an Empy, Z1R and these. Weeks of reading (and my prior interest in them while mulling the Rad-0) led me to the Ether 2 despite the overall “meh” sentiment from the community on average. Also helps that I got a great deal on Audiogon with a nice Wywires cable instead of the stock one :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. I took the plunge based on a few die-hard advocates and the assumption that a lot of the community’s impressions are based on early models with unit variance and pre-new pad options. So far so good! I’ll have to post more impressions once I get to trying the suede and standard pads and get some more burn-in (mainly for my own ears haha).

20 Likes

Very nice and lightweight. I had trouble with headband comfort at first and DCA sent me a thicker leather headband strap. What really upped the comfort was adding a ZMF co-pilot headband pad. The E2s will float on your head. Congrats on your new headphones.

2 Likes

Recently, I saw Zeos praising for (what he’s called) an improved pads for the HD 6 series from Dekoni, so I decided to check them out. Link here.

If the soft memory foam lasts 50% more than stock, it’s a solid alternative. I had a little issue installing them, so they’re probably still suffering from tolerance issues. No complaints w.r.t. sound change. They’re kind of a clone of stock pads.

I also took the chance to order the Fenestrated Sheepskin for the HD800S. Since this pad is much thicker than stock, I was afraid that it would degrade sound quality. It did hurt a little in the mids, but not enough to make me return them.

It will probably get better after the foam breaks in a couple of months. Comfort-wise, it was a big step up from stock for me.

Cheers. :beers:

13 Likes

Got another “Holy Grail” tube delivered today. :smiley:

This is a Hamburg 6201 Pinched Waist Triple Mica D Getter with bottom date code in red print (special version), that has been re-branded by RSD. This tube is as rare as they come, and is one of the top tubes of the 12AT7/ECC81 family, and considered by many as the best. I can’t wait to hear this tube in the Pendant SE!

21 Likes

Toys came in plus a box shipped on 2/2 and arrived today.

16 Likes

BHC blew up my VC!!! F ing nos tube made left driver explode. Do they make fake loads I can connect to this amp? I had the volume set to zero and didn’t have them on to hear any funny business.

This is terrible news! What a nightmare! Can you reach out to ZMF and see what can be done?

1 Like

I hope they take care of it.

3 Likes

Good luck! A nightmare is right!

1 Like

I hope you love them. post some pictures when you have them set up if you have time

2 Likes

Hey,
Loving that set up with the Wireworld cables. How do you like them so far? Good build quality? And Subjective opinions on the sounds of the different cables?
Thanks!

3 Likes