What's in the box!

3….and an arm , 2 legs & your left :chestnut:.

1 Like

I was talking to a chap on Head-Fi a couple of months ago who was in the process of ordering a WA234, and it seems they’ve revised it since I bought mine. I have the MKII units, which have 42-position stepped attenuators on them. So it’s easy to match levels on both amps.

And if you don’t want to do that, you turn them all the way up, which effectively takes the attenuators out of the circuit (the last position is just a straight connection with no resistor) and do the volume control from your source or pre-amp. So there’s no option (nor need) for the attenuator bypass option.

On the current units I understand they have conventional volume pots and thus the option for the bypass of that on one input makes sense.

1 Like

I spoke to Mike yesterday and he convinced Jac to allow people to bypass the volume and use a pre to control the volume. It’s a new silent feature. Mike like the 234 with Mac pre the best.

I’m seeing doubles

15 Likes

What a lineup

28 Likes

Supra, supra, supra! Thought I’d dip my toes on some cable upgrades…

The cables are nice, sturdy, and surprisingly less ugly in-person. lol

1st listen w/ supra usb: Wtf?! I expected there to be some improvement considering all the noise and what not that comes out of USB, but hot damn does everything sound clearer and less glare-y. I’m honestly pretty shocked at how much better everything is across the board…

Thanks @PaisleyUnderground for spinning the wheel for me on this. I’d encourage anyone with a stock cable from the manufacturer to try it; it only cost me ~$55 for a 1m usb cable.

Happy listening :notes:

15 Likes

I’ve got one on the way.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity what USB cable were you using before? Just something thrown in?

Yup, whatever came with my RME. I knew it wasn’t ideal but, well, I’m here now.

I did get my hands on the supra excalibur but it’s been backordered for weeks!

1 Like

here I am, back with my great love.

The very first impression is:

So, my dear Hemp, lets get ready to rumble :men_wrestling:

:boom: :+1:

15 Likes

Before (BOOOOORING)

After (Wooohoo!)

13 Likes

Nice! I like their upcoming skin; looks sick.

1 Like

55 pounds of goodness arrived at my door today - my new Kenzie Ovation!

Restricted to one word, I’d say “wow!” But I never restrict myself to one word and will be coming back with further impressions as I play.

35 Likes

Congratulations. Enjoy.

2 Likes

Need to wrap my router too. Looks good!

1 Like

Last production amplifier out of the Eddie Current shop, he is just about done and retired. One really big MF and there is a seperate power supply not captured in the picture. I need to pull everything off the desk and come up with a configuration that will fit this beast or just go into a different room completely and not even bother with the desk, undecided currently.

37 Likes

Is this so heavy, it requires the attachment of a rifle strap (pic 3) to carry :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Something like this?

3 Likes

Kind of wish I got one, maybe one will come up used eventually :eyes:

2 Likes

@Roark , sharp eyes…SMG but yes good catch.:+1:

3 Likes