What's in the box!

Some stuff arrived for @Resolve today but since he always steals stuff off my desk I figured I’d return the favour.

33 Likes

The Doge 7 was my first DAC that got me hooked on tubes. I was surprised to see another member showing. The sound is strong not for the faint of heart. I had a Spring 2 and not strong. I’m not sure if the correct word is dynamic. You have to forgive me I’m still learning.

8 Likes

Would love to give you guys impressions but all it took was for me to post the picture to the forum and @Resolve suddenly appeared in the office and they’re already gone from my desk.

11 Likes

That was quick. It’s almost as if he employs ninjas to do his bidding.

4 Likes

I could sense there was an expensive thing near Taron… I had to grab it.

10 Likes

I’m all in for a vlog type vid of you stealing stuff from his desk uploaded to the channel! lol

6 Likes

haha yeah that’s a good idea.

2 Likes

Just to confirm. The legacy HD 580 at the left, right?

1 Like

HD 580 Precision. Not the like… ultra vintage thing. But still the timbrehead’s dream.

3 Likes

Beautiful RAD-O! Congrats!

2 Likes

I presume the theft resembled this
6990bf08d12c2ae8a5c77130e8ec4869

8 Likes

Are you using it with the stock tubes or did you put your own in there

Very nice :ok_hand:

15 Likes

That’s a nice setup you have there. What tubes are you running with your Studio and Stallaris? Would love to hear how it compares!

12 Likes

I got my Studio B a few weeks back, and I love it! What kind of 300B’s did you get? Craig recommends a distance of at least 6 inches between amp and power supply - have you noticed anything adverse from that close proximity?

Nothing special but I liked the look. Only other requirement I have of a cable is it will be tough for oxidation. Maybe I’ll cry myself to sleep if they used good old lamp cord wire. Yes eBay.

7 Likes

Let me clarify I’m responding to @dncnexus post and that is not my setup but yes I do have a Studio B. I did not place the power supply next to the main amp but It should not make too much of a difference.

As for tubes I’m currently running a pair of JJs and Linlai 300b. The JJs have a certain lushness and is an amazing tube but the Linlai is a bit more resolving and provide a more neutral tone compared to the JJs. I’ve also heard the acme and that is a great pair of tubes but tonally is warmer and have noticeably more slam when compared to the Linlai. I’ll be interested in getting a pair of EML solid plate in the future but generally you can run this amp with any 300b tubes and it will still sound amazing.

3 Likes

These came in today, very nice, well packed. Took a while to get here though, delays in shipping thanks to COVID.

PXL_20210813_210948196
PXL_20210813_210720068
PXL_20210813_210702438

12 Likes

Thanks - I knew a few of you had this E.C., and I appreciate that good info on the tubes! I have the Genelex Gold Lions, and while I have nothing to compare them to, they sound plenty good to me!

16 Likes

Even with them next to each other the amp runs dead silent, so I haven’t felt a need to separate them.

I am running the Cossor/Linlai 300B Western Electric Clones in mine. Haven’t tried any other 300b, so not sure what I am listening too is the tube or the amp, but will experiment in the future.

7 Likes