What's in the box!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Picked these up pre-owned and the packaging was a bit of a mess, but here they are unboxed in all their berylium goodness.

30 Likes

Congrats. My dream headphones (and it will remain a dream). Enjoy.

2 Likes

Congrats! I have a new pair that I absolutely love (and wish I had more time to spend with).

1 Like

You savvy minded folks might recall I posted these previously. I ended up sending them back due to fit issues, but I never did get their sound out of my head. Fortunately, I discovered the fit issue was due to Dunu’s (arguably amazing) cable, as the combination of the weight and the odd bend of the ear hook constantly pulled the earphone out of my right ear. A reorder and cable replacement later, and these things are back in my possession for keeps!

18 Likes

Congrats! They really are excellent IEMS - and you got very pretty ones, too!

2 Likes

Welcome to the Utopia club! :beers:

3 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: I wanted something more detailed than Verite or Arya, but easier to live with than Susvara or 1266. I’m hoping Utopia is the third pillar of my collection that I’ve been looking for.

10 Likes

Nice, congrats! Hope you’ll enjoy them.
They’re surprisingly much more detailed than a Verite (more than I originally thought).

You’ll soon realize they’re also hard to live with; they’re picky as heck!

1 Like

It’s a double fun day today for me! Having trouble adjusting the headband, as the left side’s mechanism won’t move, but I plan to mess with and listen to them tonight. 2021 edition, of course.

20 Likes

Not headphones, but my little speaker system is finally “done.”

20 Likes

SIVGA SV021’s.

These cans are pretty good. I was looking for a set of inexpensive closed-backs (they’re closed but have two small vents on the top of each cup yet are well sound isolating). Stock cable is 2 x 2.5mm to 3.5mm SE (cloth covered, on the micro-phonic side) and the cans seem to notably improve using a 4.4mm balanced cable into a higher quality source such as a later model DAP.

Strong bass emphasis and emphasized treble, somewhat recessed mids, but the way it’s implemented they seem to excel with acoustic stuff and classical. The bass curve seems to act as a sort of passive resonance/recording space “catch net” as it were, and as long as a given recording has no other strong bass energy, it seems to enhance good acoustic recordings and give off a warm, almost analog sound. A new acoustic guitar duo record that I recently discovered – Istanbul 1900 by Erkin Cavus & Reentko Dirks on the Traumton label, sounds particularly good on these.

They’re priced at around $150-$170 USD, so not anywhere near reference, but in the right situation hardware and recording-wise, they’re pretty good and even interesting at times.

9 Likes

Easier to live with? End-game detail, engagement, maybe the best spatial qualities of them all? Check the Meze Elite. It’s different. All the goodies of a flagship headphone with none of the downsides. I’ve had or auditioned most. This grabbed my heart and head.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s significantly more detailed than anything I’ve ever heard, including Verite. Although, I do wish I still had the Verite pads on hand to compare with. I only have Universe on hand, and I suspect there’s a lot of detail there that is simply getting lost in the warmth.

I can totally see why people say Verite and Utopia work well alongside each other. They really don’t do the same thing at all.

4 Likes

Never seen those before open back? Electrostatic?

I like when ports are used. V shape fun headphone.

They are DT880 from the early 80s

Verite pads will bring certain technical aspects closer to the Utopia but it’s still a step or so below.

Plus I felt you lost the ZMFness with V pads. I ran Be2 or Uni pads almost always.

3 Likes

Trying to upgrade this part of the stack slowly.

12 Likes

Very good one. Set it properly and you’ll be happy for long time.

2 Likes