What's in the box!

Yeah, the tubes definitely need some time to settle in. I (and likely others) can certainly vouch for Elrogs.

2 Likes

Amazing; congrats, @Rhodey!!! This was one of my absolute favorites at CanJam, and it’s one I would strongly consider if I were to look for a 300B amp again. Jealous :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Well, no pictures because I aggressively recycled the boxes, but looking forward to listening to Kiwi Ears Orchestra Lite and FatFreq Maestro Mini tonight :).

4 Likes

Yeah, I believe so as well. I’m about 50 hrs in the burn in phase. I still think I’ll want a little more detail and crispness. I’d even trade some of the thickness and weight to get it, I feel the envy has plenty.

1 Like

Happy leftover cake day, Rhodey.

2 Likes

Xangsane rectangular solid core silver cable. (RCA soldered by me)

9 Likes

This is THE ONE amp that gave me pause about buying Stellaris. More power, more impact. But maybe less finesse?

Looking forward to hearing your more detailed assessment. :smiley:

4 Likes

I think that may be pretty accurate, maybe just a tad less finesse? Still getting these tubes burned in but it’s getting better each day. Early on I was a little worried. Some of those micro details were kinda blunted and it came off pretty thick. That’s getting much better. I think with some tube rolling and maybe even an improved dac (not sure what I’d do from the Wavelight? Maybe a Dave?) it could really scale. Idk? I like my Wavelight so in no rush atm.

I do have a pair of Elrogs headed my way. Hopefully by the weekend. I’ll be interested to see how they suit me. Next I’ll focus on the driver tubes. That’ll probably be a little harder to narrow down.

The Utopia 22 and Susvara seem to work really well and that’s awesome to see.

2 Likes

A Wavedream of course!

2 Likes

That’s a solid jump in $$$ haha.

Cheaper than a Dave both new and used :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

There’s a Dave used for 6.5k. Guess WD don’t pop up used too often. And I’d want balanced for the bliss.

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Out with the old and here is the new!

Who said size doesn’t matter…

6 Likes

Denali V2 and Sigma V2 main power cord. Let it settle in overnight and first listen this morning.

Omg. I seriously never would have imagined a power thing making this amount of difference. Seriously, this is obviously at a component level change. I’m gobsmacked.

11 Likes

It’s really annoying how big a difference power stuff can make. I’m in the midst of leveling up my own game as well - taking the next step for both conditioner and cables. Sigh.

4 Likes

I didn’t know they (Shunyata) are in Poulsbo, that makes it a local company for us! Even nicer!

1 Like

I bought 4 different power cables at different price points when I was trying to decide if I cared or not, and I was stunned at the impact they had. I literally sat down with a notepad so I could make notes because I assumed the differences would be subtle, only to discover they were obvious.

Congrats on the cable.

5 Likes

I know you’ve seen pics like these before, but this one’s mine :+1:

I was hoping the cable wasn’t as stiff and janky as the Clear OG cables, but no… It’s maybe a little better? It will have to serve for now, can’t spend additional for new cable at the moment…

Now it’s burn-in time, about 50 hours? I know it’s less than ZMF dynamic drivers.

Super jazzed! :+1: :sunglasses:

26 Likes

Congrats! I would say 50 is about right and I think focal even mentioned that. I definitely noticed a difference with mine.
Enjoy!

2 Likes