What's in the box!

You can just plug it in and have it work - the default settings are fine in 99% of cases.

There’s just a lot of stuff you can tweak if you want to, to fine tune it. Most of it doesn’t need to be touched. But it’s there if you want to fiddle with it. But, I can’t argue with the peace of mind or convenience of something that isn’t that tweakable either.

4 Likes

@MRHifiReviews what @Torq says is pretty spot on, I almost never touch the settings now that I have it dialed into my preference… I.E. no EQ but I have some other settings such as roll off changed and some other minor tweaks. But, I like having the option, plus knowing this is “reference” level for more analytical listening, but, don’t let that analytical word fool you the AKM DAC chip is very enjoyable and gets out of the way of your amp and transducers of choice!

4 Likes

8 Likes

Nice!!!

2 Likes

Sweet! :sunglasses:

1 Like

disclaimer: I could not get enough pressure with the standard pads - the fit was to loose
now it´s fine

If the gigantic staging got improved…it was not needed, at all though love it!
“Money for nothing” sounds huge …
“cigarettes after sex” sounds like… chilled and intimate
“the one that got away” by Alice Kristiansen is still sibilant - it´s the recording … all good
“Someday we´ll Know” by the New Radicals is not peaky…
“Radium” by Edit Select … the deep and hard Beat does not bloat in the airy evolving background
“Santa Fe” by Blazing Redheads the reverbs at the start are still there - listened to worse hf
what can I say … love the 75s with the Yaxi pads

the low end is now more prominent - mainly cause of the better “seal”
not sure about the mids - won´t change back to the og´s
the upper end got tamed down a smidge

The KPH30i is a touch to warm for my taste, also the PP with Yaxi

3 Likes

It’s amazing what little foam pads can do for sound quality. :+1:t4:

3 Likes

I absolutely hate it when people do not ship with an outer box :rage:

No secret what I received :roll_eyes:
rps20200203_173934
rps20200203_173949
rps20200203_174005

13 Likes

Ooof, we’ve had Amazon do that at times with our inventory. Definitely less than stellar.

1. Makes the package so much more susceptible to package theft.
  2. Generally damages the packaging enough that it looks like garbage.
9 Likes

QCY T5 black for 35
Samsung Galaxy Buds for around 80-120

both for my wife as gym in Ears

Crinacle wrote an intersting article about True wireless IEMs

so we(she wanted something cheap)decided to get the number 7 out of 21 - the T5. Sound was ok for my better half- usability not so much
I use it now as test :slight_smile:
Quite detailed and flat sound- fit is soso. Listened to a audio book in the lunch break and it was a bit bright, with in your face voices, what I like. Have to change tips later on.

So I ordered her the Buds which are number 2 on crinacle’s list https://crinacle.com/guide/tws/

and yes- they became her Go. Though her Apple phone does not support all functions

yesterday at the gym I used dual Bluetooth mode for both from my Android S10
the BT 5.0 range is spectacular! This space is gigantic and uncountable people with Beats, EarPods and other BT devices sweat around
No hickups or so
Both TWS worked flawless

In the Android app you can choose between 5 different sound profiles:

“Soft” for a diffused field signature (my favorite)
“Dynamic” for a v-shaped
“BASS BOOST” - I forgot what it’s for
“highs boosted” - maybe designed for “Grado-ists”?

“Standard” for a harmann tuning- this is what you get(without the Samsung Gear app) with iphone connection- the favorite sound of “Mrs Transporter” - I thought I knew her. We are for over 20 years a good team and out of nowhere this shocking leak came up!

in the Samsung wearables app you get to choose the soundprofiles
you can choose between different functions for the left/right butt´s touch fields

sadly you have to decide, if you prefer changing volume with left/right
or:
Google Assi/Siri + the environmental noise(especially on voices or all noises) can be brought up, as long you hold the touchpad

my wife decided for siri + mics for the noise - so she has not to fiddle out the iems, when I ask her something
she can change volume in the spotify app on her Apple watch - so its ok for her

play/pause/next or last track still work with one or two pushes on the touchpad

isolation is ok and fit for her and me with the Buds is very good - unlike with the QCY T5s

@nitrokojote Raymond wrote here about the Buds in use with the high fidelity Apple AAC codec Rank the IEMs You've Heard

8 Likes

the in Japan ordered beige Porta Pro arrived

9 Likes

Nice!

I think orange Yaxi’s would be sweet!

2 Likes

No way- orange and beige?!
Blue is ok for contemporary colors :wink:

1 Like

Starlord vibe.

This isn’t the actual model, but it illustrates that beige would work, imo. :grin:

3 Likes

gets a militarian touch - I´m not on desert storm … my every day mad weather boots are these though: :joy:

3 Likes

Haha! I’ve wanted these for a while now.

1 Like

they are great … my wife does not like them and I use another grey pair, when I´m out with her and the dog

the orange Yaxi´s are on the “standard” blue Porta Pro, my wife got

3 Likes

It’s a Koss kind of week! Forgot I ordered these!

8 Likes

Sweet!

Now for some Yaxi’s. :+1:t4:

1 Like

A box from my favorite retailer, what could it be?

7 Likes