What's in the box!

We just got a pair of Sundaras to the office as well. I haven’t heard Hifiman’s offerings below the $1k mark since the HE-400i 3 years ago so I am very interested to see how the Sundara performs. Immediately the build already looks sturdier.

Excited to see what you think of them!

3 Likes

These are the first Hifiman I have seen in the flesh. They do seem pretty sturdy, although the adjustment is a bit stiff (and the cable is pretty awful :wink: ). I haven’t had more than 30 mins with them yet but I look forwards to giving them a try over the next couple of weeks (they are on loan from Hifiman).

2 Likes

Nice! I like the older, weaker, headband style more and felt the new one is a little clampy and stiff as well. The Sundara is a great deal at the current prices (at least in the US). I found it a smoother HE560, and could go either way if I didn’t already have the HE560.

2 Likes

The Sundara looks like a subdued version of my silver, black, and orange HE-560 2nd Edition. The shape of the cups, the yokes, and the headband connectors are virtually identical. My HE-560 shipped with single-ended and balanced cables but they are really, really stiff. They hold a coil and never relax.

I spent a lot of time trying to loosen the HE-560 clamp at first, but then discovered the metal yokes are not spring treated. They bend out for adjustment with ease, and don’t feel flimsy in the process.

2 Likes

What’s in the box??

IMG_20190424_172853

Hmmm…

IMG_20190424_173132

Small and perfect size!

6 Likes

Pink!

Gold!

5 Likes

I may end up joining you…ugh just spent a ton on headphones though…but my Aeolus should be shipping out today!!! Also I think my Verum1s will be arriving soon(ish)

2 Likes

No, I haven’t gone on a DT1770 binge!! :grin:

These are just passing through my office on the way to a radio studio.

To be truthful, I haven’t heard many positive comments about these so I will most certainly give them a listen to create my own impressions before they leave!

3 Likes

As you demo them, just remember Beyer believes that 90% of the music lives between 6kHz and 10kHz.

4 Likes

Oh, another box…

(It’s on a short loan.)

5 Likes

Two more in today! Pretty excited for both of these.

6 Likes

loved to hear impressions! IO impressions have been a bit all over the map.

4 Likes

Posted my 5 min impressions in the IO thread. It’s definitely one I am going to want to go back and forth with the rest of the line-up to get a real feel for it and run it with couple different genres. I will say the low-end is better on it than I would have expected based on Campfire’s copy. I don’t know if this will make the Orion obsolete though as I actually feel it more so makes the Comet obsolete. Definitely more listening needed though!

5 Likes

I have two boxes in my car…I’ll post pictures when I get home…

@taronlissimore I look forward to reading your impressions on the CA IEMs … IO: iron oxide or input/output ?

3 Likes

It’s going to be one of “those” days here, I think … which is a wonderful thing! Boxes boxes everywhere!

What’s in the box?

Suspicious markings there!

But …

… more of an suspiciously colored herring … than an actual clue …

Proper pictures in a bit!

6 Likes

Oh dang. I want to play with that! Let me know if your hand melts from holding it. (just a random thought since it’s tubed)

2 Likes

That top box is pretty sketchy…has international postage…

I wonder what it is…let’s switch to the other box…

Definitely better packaging…

Super excited now…

Swag for days…
These are gorgeous…

Also they are surprisingly light…
Sunlight pic… Ok let’s finish opening the other box…I’m less excited for…but still a unique headphone…

9 Likes

You can this weekend!

NuTubes don’t get particularly warm, let alone hot though. The little Pete Millet NuHubrid will let you see that quite readily.

I’m surprised the Verum’s are that haphazardly packaged! Hope they live up to their reputation otherwise, though!

And the Aelous look gorgeous! Now I’m all anxious to receive my Ziricote Vérité!

4 Likes

First listen…they are odd…I look forward to your take on them this weekend… also the packaging was extremely haphazard… was not impressed… also it is apparent that these are “handmade”… They have a very different sound signature… it feels very…speaker like? Almost distant… but as I’m listening, I like the mids…it feels mid forward right now…but that could just be the first few tracks I’m listening to… I might have to switch to the Aeolus…can’t hold back…any… longer…

This!!! I can’t wait for my Verite now also! These are just amazing looking…

2 Likes

Suede universe pads? If not, get some. OMG.

3 Likes