ZMF Pendant - Tube Headphone Amplifier - Official Thread

Folks, if you want to hear the Pendant in all it’s glory, with a holographic stage that you did not even know was possible, slamming bass, incredible detail, and the most lifelike tonality I have heard in a tube, then I highly recommend picking up one of these Brimar listed below. I really hope some other Pendant owners jump on this tube, as I don’t want to be the only one enjoying this insanely amazing sound. I am not lying folks, and trust me on this one, you will thank me if you buy this tube. I have rolled quite a few “holy grail” tubes in the last several years, and have never encountered one as amazing as this with zero flaws. I just bought 3 of them, as I want to be able to enjoy this sound for many years to come. :grin:

7 Likes

Ok I’ll pay to play. Thank you for the suggestion @Wes_S

1 Like

Nice! You won’t regret it, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

1 Like

Ok, I’m in too. Thanks for the suggestion, will also be trying the Mullard EZ-81, as my high Z is quite noisy and I’ve tried quite a few tube combos with little luck reducing the hum…

2 Likes

@Wes_S Does it have a similar sound to the Brimar CV4034 / 12au7? The more I listen to the CV4034, the more I love it, and it seems to have gotten better as it’s burned in.

1 Like

The way NOS tubes prices are going, I feel like I should get a set just in case I have a use for them in the future . I don’t even have my tube amp yet or know what I’m going to end up getting but I will be going down that road at some point. I do have an Xduuo ta-20 but I’ve never really used it and it doesn’t take these

1 Like

Happy Cake Day @Audiophool!

2 Likes

I wonder how hard it is to solder the base pins to these as you can get these tubes fairly cheap without it. I’m sure it’s very tedious but just an interesting thought as we could buy a grip of them and fix them up to being plug n play ourselves.

1 Like

I actually have a couple buddies that have done it, with no issues. However, theirs don’t look as nice. Also, that is not the same tube, but those are nice. The tube I linked to is made in the Footscray plant, not Rochester. Myself and several others have tried every Brimar there is, and the Footscray 57’ triple mica is in a class of it’s own at the top.

2 Likes

These Footscray 57’ triple mica, are much more transparent, dynamic, holographic and lifelike than the Rochester CV4034. Basically, if you like the CV4034, you will be completely blown away by the Footscray.

3 Likes

They owe you a commission Wes. There were 7 in stock when I read your post this morning. Only one left now

3 Likes

They have a CV4034 that was made in Footscray too. Double the price of the Rochester tube I already have. Have you tried that?

I was going to buy another Brimar anyway, so maybe I’ll try that one.

2 Likes

Luckily they make more from time to time. I’ve seen tubemonger do these type of builds a lot.
I don’t know if it was this exact tube but it’s really cool that they do this regularly

1 Like

They have a large supply of them, and have for years, however the special ones like Footscray are smaller batches that won’t be around much longer. They have a ton of the Rochester CV4034.

3 Likes

Happy Cake Day @Audiophool

I missed that one, and would love to hear one no doubt, but that is a bit pricey for a gamble from me, and knowing how I almost always prefer 12AT7 of the same make, I am gonna pass. I will say, those look awesome and have Square Getters (earliest version) too.

1 Like

The 12AT7’s are already sold out, and as I said, I was looking for another Brimar 12au7 anyway, so I’ll roll the dice with this one and will let you know what it’s like.

2 Likes

Bummer on missing out on the 12AT7, but I am really looking forward to your thoughts on the 12AU7.

1 Like

Thank you !! @generic

3 Likes

For those that missed out on the frenzy yesterday, fear not there are more of Footscray Brimar CV4033 triple mica 57’ in stock again. I can’t wait to hear people’s reaction to this tube!

2 Likes