About the General Headphone Discussion category

This is the spot for posting anything about headphones that doesn’t have its own category yet. As we grow we’ll have a better idea of topics that deserve their own category. We’re using this category as a catch-all in the meantime.

If you think a topic deserves a category get in touch with one of the community mods.

2 Likes

Hello to eveyrone here. I must admit that I have had a love/hate relationship with headphone listening. However,this website has caused me to re-listen to my headphones.

2 Likes

I tried wireless years ago. I kept on hearing a slight but very annoying hum. It turned out to be a dealbreaker. Maybe technology is better today. I still like my hard-wired set-up.

2 Likes

Oh those hums. I know exactly what you mean. It’s not just headphones. At work, I was getting a 60 Hz hum from some company equipment. I reported it, and they sent a tech within an hour! It didn’t rate that response, but it was freaking annoying if I tried to WebEx or had training stuff with audio.

hey i am looking for noise cancelling headphones for babies… any sugestions?

As in, to put on your baby(please let it be your baby… :wink: ) or for yourself?

I would recommend not getting NC headphones for yourself if you have a baby…

Also…headphones don’t stay on baby heads lol…just go with a white noise maker for babies…usually rain, creeks, ocean, jungle, etc…they work great…some even have vacuum cleaner, ambient people talking (can’t understand them as it’s background noise)…and what not…if you do go the headphone route…there are head band style headphones that Velcro onto a kids head…but honestly they are choking hazards for any kid under 3-4 without supervision…

What is the use case? I.E. what are the noise canceling headphones potentially solving for you?

Those are my suggestions…

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @nickferns2727. I am not criticising your good intentions at all but is it safe to use headphones on babies with their ears being so immature?

1 Like

Hi
I have just joined and I do not seem to be able to post anything , is there a waiting time after you join to be able to post a question ? .
chers
Spike

Your first few posts have to be approved by a moderator or admin before they show up.

Hi

That is the point I can not post anything , it says access denied ! .

cheers

Spike

Well, these last two posts showed up in the approval queue, so it seems to be working as intended.

Yes , that is just talking to you , I can not post a new thread , it says something at the bottom of the page like , not enough privileges ! .

cheers

spike

Yes, that’s right, you cannot post a new thread until you’ve been here a while.

That’s deliberate.

Partly to stop spam, partly to stop people from posting new threads on topics already covered on other threads that they won’t have seen since they’ve just signed up and started firing away.

2 Likes

Hey there! First of all, welcome to the forum!

You might want to take a look at the “getting starting” guide for some additional information about how we use “trust levels”.

The good news is that your friendly neighbourhood moderators check this fairly often, so there shouldn’t be much delay in your message approval. Also, though it’s true that if we can continue this conversation here for long enough the issue will resolve itself-- can I suggest finding another topic to post in? The introductions thread is a great place to start.

1 Like

Hey Guys,

Hello Peeps. The same BIG POPPA from Seattle on Head-fi. Still putting meets together up here.

2 Likes

Hi, Sony user since 2015s, and I’m planning to get a new one this year, I would like to try either Sennheiser or Bose. Beats is quite too flashy for my personality. :slight_smile: I’ve been researching and trying a lot and so far quite impressed with the Sennheiser HD660 bass, response, clarity, and comfort. Bose 700 is also very sleek in its noise-canceling features. Still looking for reviews about the Bose 700. Any recommendations based on your experiences? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Mitchie23.

1 Like

First, Welcome!

Second, please give us some context about how and where you use your headphones? Are they for travel? Home? What kind of music, and how does the music get to your headphones? (By which I mean do you stream, use a music player, a phone, etc.)

2 Likes

whenever i tryt to make a post it tells me access denied. so i have to type here.
help?

There is a restriction in place for new users… it helps cut down the noise of knee jerk topic creating when similar topics already exist. For instance the need of general headphone advice… read through the topics use The search function etc to help locate the thread/topic that can help you and post there.

Also all new users go through a trial period where their posts need to be approved before going up in the forum. This also cuts down on noise and spam posts

2 Likes