CanJam SoCal 2022

Here’s our recap! Looking forward to the next one.

14 Likes

Nice seeing you guys @Resolve great video!

4 Likes

Likewise! And thanks. I was jealous of your guys’ setup, although I imagine it was warm as hell haha.

2 Likes

Yay! I got a few blurry cameos in the background!

5 Likes

Sharp lookin photo! Symphonium had a great table. Impressive performance on the new Meteor’s as I’d previously gotten to know the Helios, but have to make room for the Meteor on my favorite list. Shoutout to Michol and Felix for having the xDSD Gryphon and Diablo out!

1 Like

Anyone have a mini-first impressions on the Meteor as far as sound signature and technical performance? I’m intrigued.

1 Like

Everything about it is just bonkers. Dynamics, layering, technical performance, staging etc. Little bit of a v shape sound. Not hard at all to power. High value across the board.

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to trying one. Can’t wait!

1 Like

Super is doing a review of the Meteor sometime soon… I think the Kinda Lava, SA6, and maybe the IE600 will be comparisons made in the review.

3 Likes

Interested in how the mid range compares on the Meteor and SA6.

Looking forward to Super’s Review of this one!

1 Like

I’m loving the youtube coverage of CanJam SoCal. I feel like SoCal’s relative proximity to China is making SoCal emerge as THE CanJam to attend as ChiFi becomes ever more important. Thinking I may need to plan a trip to SoCal for next year’s show even though the NYC show is oh-so-convenient for me. :thinking:

1 Like

I heard the Meteor at CanJam off my Qudelix 5K. I liked it better than most IEMs I have heard. I also owned the SA6 which is a beautiful peace of engineering. But I had three issues with it: 1. Fit- something about the nozzle width/length to main body transition, I could not get a good secure fit. 2. Cohesion- whenever I hear multi driver setups with imperfect crossover between drivers, I can hear it. And for me the mid range on the SA6, though initially lovely, lacked cohesion in this regard. 3. Note weight- a touch too thin for my preferences. For the above reasons, I sold it. Though if it would have fit better, I would have likely kept it.

The Meteor has far better cohesion and much more note weight. Better mid bass texture and slam. I thought it was a dynamic driver. It may come across as thick to someone who, for example, prefers Hifiman over Audeze for note weight. But for me it was really near perfect in that regard. I mean I really like it, just don’t care for the color. In fact had I not already fell deeply in love with the 64 Audio Nio (and U12t) which I purchased, I would have brought home the Meteor.

7 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! Hope to get a Meteor soon myself!

2 Likes

Very well put- I’m still learning how to best articulate such impressions, but I can’t disagree with anything Nate-Dawg said. Felt less “aggressive” and certainly easier to power than the Helios, not quite neutral a sound signature, though I could still make a track with it, still getting an accurate portrayal of my levels and whatnot.
Would be a great piece for my on the go, remote, portable setup. That give you an idea? @ThtGamerDad

2 Likes

Excited for reviews to come out. It’ll be a while before I can get them since at CanJam I burnt a real crater in my wallet.

3 Likes

MRS’s unit is faulty based on first-party measurements I’ve seen.

2 Likes

Oh, good to know. I’ve removed the graph then. Thanks!

4 Likes

I was looking through my phone for something today and came across this pic from CJ SoCal….

A motley crew to be sure!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Resolve wearing shorts in the wild. A rare sight to capture!

1 Like