Corona-virus (Covid-19) Discussion

I read about it and over in italy beeing the “oldest population” country in europe it’s even worse(*there is no contest on where it is)

Best wishes @SenyorC over to spain and the us, of course

3 Likes

It might not get any better until they find a vaccine for it and many people have access to it which may be a year from now. It seems hard to quarantine countries where people live paycheck to paycheck.

My whole world has been COVID-19 lately. My wife is a Nurse Practicioner and manager at a big medical group and I work for a commercial medical laboratory. We’re going to have to go to work until the Zombies come after us!

Just now we got a text saying school is closed for 2 weeks. I dont know how that is going to work out with both of us having to work. If you don’t hear from me for a while, send toilet paper and bottled water!!

8 Likes

Our schools here are closed til April 24th, and they say it may extend til next Fall!! That’s a statewide mandate too, so applies to all public and private schools.

The work from home force has already made most of Seattle a ghosttown, but it’s going to become an even bigger one tomorrow.

1 Like

Wow, that is a long time to be closed!

Here in the UK were gearing up for closures and the rest that comes with it. Were told that we are 4 weeks behind Italy at the moment.

My Daughter is on her year abroad studying Spanish and Portuguese. She’s just spent 5 months in Madrid and left in January so lucky her as Madrid is now on lock down. She’s now in Porto but her University has just closed and it’s looking like Porto may soon be in lockdown too soon. So it’s a worry.

Best of luck to everyone and I hope that you and your loved ones all stay well.

3 Likes

My university shut down today until April 19th.

Suddenly I regret not ordering another headphone I wanted to get me over the wait.

2 Likes

Silicon valley commuter here. The usually packed freeways are lighter than they are on Sunday night right now.

2 Likes

Stock up on :gun::hammer_and_pick::hammer::crossed_swords::dagger::hocho::axe::dart: and prepare for…

zombie running GIF

arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

In all seriousness this pandemic is truly hurting many people both physically and financially. I hope we can get a grip on it soon. :confused:

2 Likes

Damn that’s crazy :confused:

1 Like

I’m in California. You need to move somewhere else to buy light machine guns. We just stick to semi-automatics where we are

That’s a little joke for our European friends.

Sort of a joke.

3 Likes

Nevada man, wild Fuc$ing west

5 Likes

We have Jörg Sprave

5 Likes

Lol!! This is hilarious :joy:

2 Likes

The first comment! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Merica’… :heart:

3 Likes

Jorg is a genius. He will go down in history.

3 Likes

I live in an incorporated city here in Los Angeles and I just received an email that the school district (Not LAUSD) is closing schools effective Monday. There haven’t been any cases reported, this was done as a preventative measure.

1 Like

That’s someone you don’t want to play with :open_mouth:

1 Like

Well, we are now officially all in quarantine.

We have police cars with megaphones driving around the streets telling us to stay inside. We are now only allowed outside to go to the supermarket (all other stores are closed) the pharmacy or doctor, the bank or to work.

It’s like living in a movie.

5 Likes