Electronic Music Discussion (EDM, Trance, Synth, Dub, Techno, House, etc)

Let’s get this thread going again! I feel inspired today after that great stream with @TylersEclectic @Resolve and @RAD let’s start sharing our favorite electronic music!

I will throw this one in here for one of my theme albums for 2020.

Here is the other album @TylersEclectic was talking about on the stream today that has been a fun listen on the RAD-0 Edit: (honestly haven’t found any electronic music that hasn’t sounded great on the RAD-0.)

I know @taronlissimore has some awesome Synthwave he can drop on us too!

6 Likes

Lemme give it a try…

90% of my time with the VC and VO is spent listening to Synthwave.

4 Likes

@Deepy yes brother! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

I’ve been enjoying this album lately.

3 Likes

@Torq used to like Trentemøller Chameleon as a test of bass (I can’t figure out why), but I kind of like a lot of his other work also. So is it EDM?

3 Likes

I would say yes. It’s like all the different labels for metal and rock and roll. Did we need to invent the label “Symphonic Goth Rock?”

What is in a name?

3 Likes

Alright then, I’ll share a playlist with a variety of the kind of electronic music I like to listen to, not limited to just the popular/agreeable kind of music. For me the value in electronic music is in the flow, the rythm, the groove, the atmosphere, the way it can put you in a state of mind and keep you there, and to blow off some steam and go crazy. I’ve been a regular clubgoer throughout my late teens - early twenties, which has had a big influence on how my taste in electronic music has developed over time, and how I ended up where I’m at right now in the headphone hobby. Because while I appreciate pretty much any style/genre of music, my taste in electronic music has been an important consideration in the decisions I’ve made.

So yeah, this list isn’t exactly limited to stuff I expect everyone to understand/appreciate the same way I do, but more of a personal selection. Perhaps some will find something new/interesting. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Did you come for the Low???

3 Likes

@Wes_S Max Cooper is a great shout.

‘Electronic music’ is obviously a huge category, and we’re all going to have different tastes and definitions, but, for me, a lot of the recommendations here are at the ‘conventional songs with electronic elements’ end of the spectrum. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with this, and if that’s what you like (and, to be clear, I do), here are a few more:

However, I also think you’re missing a lot of what electronic music has to offer if you don’t give the more complex and abstract end of things a try, and Max Cooper is a great example of this. Two more:

More abstract (and foreboding) again, and you get into the likes of Biosphere and Loscil:

https://tidal.com/browse/track/148239768

Less anxiety-inducing but still abstract:

If you liked the jazz elements of Biosphere’s In Triple Time and want something more in that direction, try Michele Rabbia’s Lost River (an ambient jazz masterpiece that might even convince @Resolve there’s some merit in electronic music):

Finally, if you want something a bit more danceable in the vein of Atoms for Peace but less vocal-driven, Moderat might hit the spot:

5 Likes

I think everyone is going to just keep dropping dope tracks here as they listen or what they have been listening to. So I am pretty sure it’s going to range from Kraftwerk to modern EDM, drum and bass, electro, house etc. Just a fun way for us all to share what everyone enjoys or may be currently enjoying. :slight_smile: love Max Cooper BTW keep dropping the tracks and artists you love!

Because it’s Friday!

Track 4 is a good start.

3 Likes

Here is a classic. Born Too Slow w/ Wes Borland is still pretty great.

2 Likes

Fully analog session with some old school gear by Joris Voorn, a big name in the club/dance scene worldwide that has been around for a very long time. Yeah, he’s actually 43 years old.

7 Likes

2 Likes

A rocking, high energetic synth album for your Friday. I suggest track 7 to start off with a cool, groovy tune.

Edit: I just listened through the whole album on the VO and Torpedo tube amp. It really is a solid collection of rock influenced synth tracks. It gets my warmest recommendation.

3 Likes

Amazing @Deepy I will check it out!!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Hey @MRHifiReviews, since you have both the Nautilus and VO at hand, I thought you would enjoy this album:

This is the type of album where you close the door, sit down in darkness, empty you mind and just surf away on an existential trip.

1 Like

Thank you brother!!!

1 Like

Sebastian Gampl

This guy doesn’t put out a lot of tracks. But when he does… It leaves you smiling.

2 Likes