Electronic Music Discussion (EDM, Trance, Synth, Dub, Techno, House, etc)

I think that’s a fair assessment: rhythm definitely isn’t this album’s strength (or even much of a feature), with the result that it does all feel quite static. I guess this plays to the Sennheiser’s strengths, which excel at creating a sense of scale and grandeur, but get exposed when required to stamp their feet. The Rob Clouth album I recommended above may be more to your tastes (but the Loscil album definitely won’t be).

1 Like

DEEP

1 Like

Christian Löffler reworks Beethoven. I wasn’t optimistic, but this is actually really good, and all the better for not being hostage to the original material:

2 Likes

Time for me to chime in I guess.
In the Doujin Music industry, DiverseSystem is one of the big name out there, with their work spanning out from 20 years of history. This circle is hardly can be called as a typical Doujin circle anymore. Some even disregard this term and consider them as a record label (which in fact, they are, smaller record labels like Seardrop which Sennzai owns for example are still called as Circle by many).
Anyway, their works span with many genres. What’s interesting here is that a lot of the time their work has a certain concept in mind. And it is usually a complication of many artists from guest mix to in house artists.

One of their typical work that I like is AD: PIANO which I usually looking forward to each year. Like the name suggest, the music around this series will center around Piano as the main instrument.
Here is the preview of “AD: PIANO ff/pp” which is the lates entire in the series if someone interested.

Now, this might not be the typical “Electronic music” that a lot of people might hear, so allow me to show other work of them.
AD: HOUSE 8 - Second latest installment of the AD: HOUSE series:

AD: TECHNO 5 - Lates installment of the AD: TECHNO series:

Some of the stuff that does have a clearer concept:
work. series: I remember when they are looking for guest artists for this series one of their requirement was that the music has to be strightly suitable for light work. They have a 24/7 live stream on their youtube channel if on interested:

Recently, there is also “Stream Pallette” which might become a series specializing in providing free copyrighted music for content creator online:

They do have collaboration of other group also. Here is their collaboration with Compellege (which iirc, lead by Taishi): PHANT PROLOGUE
The album also comes along with a novel if you happen to buy it. This is a full literature work on its own at the same time

4 Likes

Rather excellent:

3 Likes
1 Like

Time for something heavier.

Go listen to the whole album, it’s pretty heavy.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Christine - Atom from heart

Nice new album from John Tejada, Year of the living dead.

1 Like

Yo-yo happy Saturday/Sunday!

Next live stream on my YouTube www.YouTube.com/MarcelloRostagni (Don’t forget to subscribe and turn on notifications) will be with an awesome electronica music producer, DJ and all-around cool dude on April 1 (no April fools) here’s a link to his music for those that dig electronica! 4/1/2021 1pm PST his tracks have been on, Martin Garrix label, Steve Aoki, to name a few as well as the big screen. I will drop a link to the YouTube stream time tomorrow! Hope you all have a great weekend much love! We will be playing some of his music brand new release tracks live so listen with your headphones if possible! Cheers

1 Like

This one is an absolute stormer - the loudpvck remix is perfection, I totally creamed my pants!

tidal.com/browse/track/60207367

2 Likes

Join us live Thursday, April 1st at 1 PM Pacific Standard Time. We will get behind-the-scenes with Electronic Music Producer and DJ Cazztek as we hear some of his brand new tracks live, discussing his production process, the gear he uses, how he creates music for headphones and speakers, and most importantly, his music! This is one electronic music lovers won’t want to miss!

Check out his music here: Cazztek

This stream is brought to you by www.MRHifiReviews.com
If you want you can show your support for our channel and future content/streams by visiting Support — MR Hifi Reviews or using the SuperChat feature live during the stream to donate to the channel!! Cheers!

Friendly reminder today at 1 pm PT Los Angeles

Hope to see you there and appreciate your support!

1 Like

Occams Laser - Odyssey of Noise Vol. I

Occams Laser - Odyssey of Noise Vol. II

Occams Laser - Odyssey of Noise Vol. III

Reid Willis’s latest album Mother Of is a bit heavy on some very well-worn glitch and slam IDM tropes for my tastes, but this (from 2019) is much more varied and interesting:

Great bass extension test at the beginning of this new Rezz/deadmau5 track:

2 Likes