Electronic Music Discussion (EDM, Trance, Synth, Dub, Techno, House, etc)

One of Canada’s greatest treasures…

Then @taronlissimore @andrew and @Resolve then hockey, maple syrup, and Pamela Anderson in that order. :wink:

Listen to off Tubes! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Although, I’d take this over Canada’s other musical offerings hah.

Also I only listen on tubes now. Tube is life.

2 Likes

Lol fair enough! I demote you down then after Pamela Anderson @Resolve

1 Like

That actually seems appropriate hahah.

1 Like

Glad you are loving the Kenzie!!! Tubes Rule.

1 Like

Garth Knight - Cyberwar

2 Likes

Yes, I found that on Tidal the other day in their selections just for me. (yeah sure). Sometimes I click because of the cover. I wasn’t disappointed.

1 Like

the Ghostrunner soundtracks are just like that, but more thoughtful and downtempo whilst still ramping up occasionally, not as mishy mashy, much more dynamic composition but still goes boing boing. :musical_note:Let Them Know :musical_note: has the boing

boing boing

:cat:

2 Likes

I love Nightmares on Wax. Here is a nice old London Funk Allstars tune which popped up on my playlist today:

5 Likes

Qobuz->D90->Pendant->Empyrean

2 Likes

Power Glove
“Clutch” from their 2019 album Playback

Australian duo. These guys also made the soundtrack to Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

Btw, @Saber_Goli, really liking the Ghostrunner OST. :smiley:

4 Likes

Great game that was.

2 Likes

The best electronic album of 2020? Absolutely majestic on HD 800s:

Dynatron

Now, this is an absolute master of the Spacesynth/Synthwave genre.
Here are three classic tracks from his 2014 release, the “Throttle Up” EP.
You can now find these tracks on The Legacy Collection, Vol I

/DP

Wow that’s a bold statement and on the HD800s which normally I wouldn’t think would be an electronic music first choice headphone. I will have to give it a listen!

In hindsight, the convergence of newly discovered artist and new headphones probably inflated my assessment a bit, but I’m definitely more impressed by the HD 800s’ unique spatial qualities than I am bothered by its shortcomings, even with EDM/IDM.

2 Likes

2020 was a vintage year for introspective IDM, though:

2 Likes

I listened to this because of your strong recommendation, and because I’d never heard any of his stuff before. Looking at his bio on Tidal, I was intrigued further because he’s Argentine. The Rosario orchestra his parents played in is quite good.

While he makes a lot of cool sounds, I found that much of his music is a bit lethargic for my taste, and with the possible exception of some of the drumming toward the beginning of Mantle & Core, the rhythims - when present - seem sort of sterile.

I don’t have Senn HD 800s, so maybe that’s the problem. I’m listening on the Nectar Hive eStats, streaming Tidal, through the Schiit Bifrost 2, into the STAX SRM-T1S tube hybrid amp.