Empire Ears Odin - Official Thread

Very nice review @Tchoupitoulas.

3 Likes

8 months on Torq.

Do you still have them? If so, how do you feel about then now, and do they change your Top 10 favourite IEM list?

1 Like

Yep, I still have them.

And they top my 10 favorite IEMs list.

I would wager they are the only IEMs I have 30 days from now.

3 Likes

Good to hear.

I bought a Mest Mk2 and U12T to try. Both have strengths. Mest has a interesting soundstage, and very sparkly overall feel. Works great for prog rock etc. U12T just a well balanced IEM, does well with everything.

Odin is next on list to try, and hoping for the sound I’m after. Most reviews suggest it will be. We will see.

What tips do you use on them, the stock Final E ones?

And what DAP do you prefer them off?

1 Like

Guess what’s in the house for a bit :)

Haven’t done product photography in a while and there’s nothing better than the Odin to get back to it with.

9 Likes

Sonically, I like them a hair better from the NuTube output on the Cayin N8, but most of time I run them off the 2.5mm balanced output on the A&K SP2000.

Wish the N8 could stream 

Tip wise, I like the stock tips as far as sound goes. The AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC are more comfortable, seal better, stay put and sound almost identical 
 so I tend to use those.

2 Likes

Streaming is a must for me on a DAP, but the appeal of a tube module is high. Any DAPs rocking tube + streaming?

Maybe something like the iBasso DX300 will eventually release a module.

And the Mest came with those Azla tips. Even the Small are a bit big for me, shame, as they do seem the best material. Pick up dust like a 

I think I’ll cut up some Comply tips, then get Custom Art to make some custom tips. Try get that working. Comply make a soft wrap thing too, might be able to just wrap the nozzle straight up :S

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: DAPs, do you use them?

Good Morning Torq,
Odin and ZMF VC. What is your opinion? I own the Odin - is the VC a Good 2nd headphone or is it a waste of Money when i have one of the best IEMs to buy a second headphone?
Thank you for your opinion on this topic

Apples and Oranges, surely!

Can you please explain why. As you can See I am new regarding this topic

I can’t really say, as I know nothing about your usage scenarios nor listening preferences.

For me, IEMs are a necessary evil rather than a first-choice. If I didn’t need an ultra-compact, isolating, high-performance listening option, I’d only use full-size headphones.

That said, if an IEM ever emerges that covers all the sonic bases of my headphone collection, and can do so with all-day listening comfort, with absolutely no cable-tangle or maintenance issues (i.e. not needing to clean them every day nor needing to store them with some sort of desiccant), then I’d be open to just having that.

2 Likes

Have you not tried Airpods?

I’m in Australia btw.

We should get back on track Re: Odin discussion!

thank you
Usage - mostly at Home. Rock/Jazz/Pop a Little Bit of classical music and some Indie music

That doesn’t really help much.

If listening at home are you sitting at a desk or roaming around? Are you using a phone to drive them or a DAP or a desktop DAC/amp setup? And what’s your preferred sound signature/biases?

Personally I wouldn’t use IEMs at all if not mobile (i.e. actively traveling or moving around), and I wouldn’t go with VCs if I didn’t have either a high-end (or at least reasonably powerful) DAP or a suitable desktop rig.

1 Like

My DAP is the Lotto PAW touch Gold Titanium- mostly i will use the headphone lieing in my bed or sitting on my chair in my Office at home

Can’t see the VĂ©ritĂ© Closed working well when lying down. They’re either going to get pushed forward by whatever you’re lying on, or slide backwards/fall off if unsupported. Both will mess with the seal and their apparent tonality.

Power wise, the LPGT is sufficient to drive them if run balanced.

As to whether it’s worth having both, it still depends on what your listening preferences are. They have different signatures which may, or may not, be complimentary depending on your personal signature preferences.

2 Likes

The Azla tips, IIRC, also comes in a size smaller than Small. Look up SS.

Also, what about something from here? https://earphonesplus.com/

Was the SS !

Yeah, have tried

Have some AliExpress specials coming. And will shave down some Comply tips soon.