Headphones Battlestations

I didnt either! I just got it literally yesterday right before that photo. I was debating between the Woo Audio one and the Silverstone one, and I ended up getting the Silverstone one.

It is so massively heavy, you can do some serious damage to a burglar. Like death blows. The one bad thing and I noticed this in the Amazon review comments is that the screws that hold the hangar portion to the post may be a tad short and not screw in and it seems like mixed between working and not working. Mine did not fit. I luckily have a toolbox full of different screws, washers, etc and I found something that worked great.

The two other single headphone stands are Luxe Headphone stands (from Amazon). They also have a heavy base, but nowhere near the Silverstone, and have a flat top which was leaving a crease in my Focals, which prompted me to look for one of the double stands mentioned above since they have a round top. No more creases – the creases eventually go away since it’s memory foam, but it was bugging me since I dont know if there would be longer term effects.

4 Likes

BRAINWAVZ Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger Stand Mount https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0192P8U5U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_6S0nCbMN3VZ21

Double Headphones Stand, Jokitech Aluminum Alloy Desk 3 Headset Holder Supporting Desktop Earphone Hanger Mount Storage Rack with Heavy Base for Home and Office Display Spacegrey https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4L4WPK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_OU0nCbEBRZ27M

These are the two I have, both work great, but aren’t as cool looking as the one @antdroid has lol

4 Likes

Someone on head-fi posted this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C37TOXQ/ref=crt_ewc_title_huc_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ACRAAI6L7KRRA

Looks like a nice alternative to the $85 Woo Audio Stand. It’s 3X lighter and the hangar portion is only 1.5 inch wide vs 3.5 inch wide and it does not adjust in height, but seems to do the job for $15.

1 Like

Ok as promised a better picture of my Battlestation, I have more headphones behind the ones in the cubes, and a couple of DACs and amps in drawers/shelves as seen with the Jot under the HD800:

5 Likes

You all motivated me to get one of those colorful keyboards. I picked up a Corsair K70 RGB on Saturday. I have an Apple iMac, so I’m using beta software/firmware while Corsair perfects the final software. Had to update the keyboard firmware via my PC laptop, and got it going on the iMac this afternoon. These forums can get expensive. At the moment, I’m testing out my new Audeze LCD-Xs. I’m thinking the brandy makes them sound better…Definitely some sweet headphones…

2 Likes

Booze, Music, bright lights, and clicky feedback…BLISS :wink:

1 Like

EDIT - close-up of listening station

10 Likes

Lovely room. Looks like a great getaway space. :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks! We just added that room last year. It looks out over or back yard and a greenbelt. It’s a nice place to work and play with my audio toys.

3 Likes

Battlestation Version 4.834…

10 Likes

There’s a lot of cash in that photo. Great collection. It’s nice to see such gear being put to good use. :+1:

1 Like

It is slowly getting to a final stage lol, I think I will be good on amps and DACs for a bit, I have the R2R on order from Massdrop, but outside of that I can just focus on what I have and any new headphones I want!

1 Like

That’s a good place to be in. Contentment. You’ve certainly got some great listening sessions ahead. That’s what it’s all about. But another great part of it is being able to fiddle with the gear.:grin:

1 Like

Please show us the automotive section.

1 Like

Well… the wife decided to re-organize/re-arrange the house and didn’t like the look of my corner…so update 7.34…

11 Likes

LEGO VOLTRON?! Oh man.

2 Likes

Yeah, another thing I have to put together one day…my buddy built one and he said it took him 6hrs lol

1 Like

Is that a vortex tab or Leopold 980m? I just ordered a vortex vibe mk… It may replace my cooler master masterkeys pro m

Konostore Kira, it is a fun lil keyboard.

2 Likes

Not much of a photographer, so please excuse the crappy cell phone pic, however… This is my desk at work, it is still work in progress as I only really switched over to headphones a month or so ago :wink:

A bit closer pic of the headphone corner…

9 Likes