[Interest Check] Greater Seattle-area Mini-Meet in March or April 2023

Hi all,

It has been a few months since the November/December meetup. During lunch, we discussed starting an ongoing series that would occur once a quarter or season.

The atmosphere at November’s event was fairly chill - people sat around and listened to different gear, shot the breeze, and there was a break for lunch. Because of the smaller number of attendees and the size of the classroom, the noise level was fairly low compared to a convention.

In terms of equipment, think potluck - bring one or two items for others to try out - no need to bring your entire stack unless you want. This way, local users could see how their equipment pairs up with equipment they might be considering.

I intend to meet at the same location in Kenmore as we did last time, but I’d like to know people’s availability so I can work with the vendor to reserve the best possible day and time.

Please reply to this thread if you’re interested and I’ll start a group DM to nail down details.

Regards,
Vic

4 Likes

Definitely interested

I am interested, but you already knew that.

3 Likes

Interested. Miss the Seattle H-F meets.

2 Likes

Ya @BIGPOPPA hasn’t had a headfi larger meet in a while afaik. The one that was planned last year was canceled.

1 Like

Interested! Last meet was fantastic too, thanks for setting that up!

1 Like

I’m interested as well!

1 Like

I’d might be interested in driving up from Portland.
I would be ok with bringing any but not all of the following:

Ayon Sigma Dac
DNA Stratus
Lampizator Atlantic
First watt J2
Wells Audio milo
Abyss 1266
Triode labs fx138

Let me know if anyone has interest in demoing any of these. Would love to have two Stratus amps side by side so we could try different tube combos/headphones. If anyone has one that’s going, that would really push me to make the long trip.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if there will be another Stratus amp at the event, but I’ll probably bring the Folkvangr just because.

1 Like

Hmmm. Very interested. I’m frankly also a little scared, you guys lured me into buying way too much s–t this past year.

My rack is somewhat messed up so I’m not sure what I can bring without messing up the tetris of cables and such. If you’re interested I can bring the Shunyata Denali V2 and Sigma XC power cord if anyone is interested :sweat_smile:

There’s also the Pacific Audio Fest coming up in June: https://www.pacificaudiofest.com/

Nudging @Polygonhell @TylersEclectic

5 Likes

Would love to join. Long time Seattle Hifi enthusiast, more recently going down the deep end of head-fi. If I can manage to pack it up safely, I can bring the Holo Audio May/Bliss KTE stack, Susvara, and possibly a Ferrum OOR. I also have an Enleum 23R that I’m looking to sell but if I still have it can bring along.

2 Likes

giving this a gentle bump in case anyone locally is interested. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I went to PAF last year. The headphone dept. was pretty small but was easy to listen to everything for as long as you wanted so definitely a plus vs the highly trafficked canjam.

The speaker setups were amazing! Took me all day to go through but sadly if you look at the price lists they were mostly $100k setups that I can’t even come close to affording. Highly recommended to check out at least. I’m hoping there are more headphone companies this year.

2 Likes

Ya I went as well. Spent most of the time hanging out with Andrew (Resolve) and Alan (Netforce) from the headphones.com team there. I wish the headphones section was larger, and hope it is this year, but I doubt it will be. The speakers were definitely insane. Umm definitely told me that you don’t always get what you pay for lol

1 Like

I am in Vancouver but interested in making a trip down if the dates work. Will also be heading down there for PAF again this year.

Rick

2 Likes

I am thinking we could prolly carpool and split the cost :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m interested in coming, schedule permitting. It’s been far too long since I was last able to attend a meetup. Hopefully this one doesn’t end up costing me $$$$ like the last ones :laughing:

5 Likes

if you wear earplugs and a blindfold, you will likely be OK :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Interested as well. Can bring my atrium and utopia og.

2 Likes

I am not trying to turn the meet-up into a swap meet, but I thought I’d mention I will be selling the following gear in WTS very soon, and if anyone is interested in any of it PM me and I can bring it/demo it at our gathering. I will send you pics, I don’t want to add clutter here.

1. ZMF Aeolus in Sapele, aluminum chassis. Includes OFC SE 1/4 in cable, stock 4-pin XLR, Aeolus pads, Universe lamb perforated, Univ. suede perforated, Seahorse case.

2. Dan Clark Aeon R/T Open, with 4 pin XLR cable, and case.

3. Schiit Bifrost 2 OG black w/remote, Schiit Jotunheim 2 black, Schiit Lyr 3 silver w/stock JJ 6SN7 tube and Electro-Harmonix 6SN7EH “gold pin” tube.

4. Hifiman Sundara 2020 revision, with Periapt SE 1/4in cable upgrade, 7ft black.

I am original owner of all, non-smoking household. Everything rates a “9” on the US Audio Mart grading scale, which is “Excellent, perfect physical condition, light use”. I am very meticulous with my stuff.

1 Like