Pittsburgh Headphone Meet, 22nd October

Pittsburgh Headphone Meet.

Date: 22nd October

Time: 11am to 3pm

Location: Stereo Stereo, Warrendale PA, about 20 minutes north of downtown Pittsburgh, easily accessible from I-79 and I-76.

My name is Bevan Court and I am setting up a headphone meet here in the Pittsburgh area. I have been interested in the hobby for many years, and really found headphones 5 or 6 years back. I have also written reviews for TNT-Audio for a few years for both 2 channel and headphones.

Michael Klein, the owner of Stereo Stereo, has graciously said that we can use his store for the meet.

Michael has been in the business for many years and is very passionate about Hi-Fi. He also carries some really nice headphones and equipment, being a dealer for Grado, Focal, Audeze, iFi, Rupert Neve, SPL, Bluesound and DCS.

In addition to the items that Michael has (and yes, that includes the Bartok with the headphone stage), I can also add:

Headphones:

• Hifiman Sundara
  • Sennheiser HD6XX
  • Beyerdynamic DT177X GO

Amplifiers:

• Schiit Magni 3+
  • Schiit Valhalla 2
  • Schiit Jotunheim 2

DACs:

• Schiit Modius
  • Schiit Bifrost 2 DAC with the newly updated 2/64 board.

There is no charge for the meet, drinks and snacks will be provided and all are welcome.

Michael also runs Roon throughout his store and has multiple endpoints, so we can spread out and enjoy listening. If you are coming, please send me a message, along with your name and a playlist that you would like to listen to. We will then get these added to his Roon setup (as long as they are on Qobuz or Tidal).

If streaming isn’t your thing, Michael has CD players and even turntables for the analog amongst us.

Do you have a headphones, headphone amp or DAC that you want to bring along? Feel free, just make sure to bring the cables!

If you have questions please send me a PM.

6 Likes

That sounds pretty cool!

Update Mike at Stereo Stereo has managed to get the DCS Lina in from DCS for the meet. Yes that one worth nearly $30k!

dCS US Store

2 Likes

Update Aug 25th We have confirmed that we will have the iFi Audio Pro DSD DAC/Preamp/Headphone Amp and the new Focal Utopia at the meet

Update Aug 29th Audeze have confirmed that they will send the new MM-500 for the meet.

1 Like

Update Sept 13th.

Audeze just confirmed that they will send the CRBN and amp for the meet as well as us having the new MM-500.

1 Like

A quick update as tomorrow is the day.

iFi have not only let us have the NEO Stream and Pro iDSD, but also sent their US sales manager for the meet!

2022 Utopia, Audeze CRBN and MM-500, DCS Lina and Bartok are confined that they will be there.

Bevan

5 Likes

Bevan, that sounds like an awesome event! Good on you for putting this together for the community! I wish I lived closer, I would definitely love to go. Hope everyone has a great time!

1 Like

Bevan,

Best of luck with your event tomorrow! It sounds like quite the selection of equipment to try out and I’m a little jealous of those who are able to attend!

Please let us know how it goes and post some pictures if you can.

Regards,
Vic

2 Likes

How did it go? I hope it was a lot of fun. You certainly put a lot of work into this.

3 Likes

I would also like to know, hope all enjoyed it.

2 Likes

I’ve got to say, it went better than I could have hoped.

We had around 20-25 people, tho we didn’t do an actual count. We even got a few of the regular customers have come and try out some headphones.

We had such a lot of stuff that I didn’t get to try everything.

Pictures and comments can be found at Head-fi:

Post in thread ‘Headphone Meet in Pittsburgh, PA - October 22nd 2022’ Headphone Meet in Pittsburgh, PA - October 22nd 2022 | Page 6 | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

6 Likes

Congratulations on the success. That reaction was the same after we hosted our first Southern California meet in a while a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

Hey congrats, looks like you all had fun.

Quite a spread there, a lot of really nice stuff! :+1:

2 Likes