Mini-Meet: South Florida

Now that I’m in Florida, I thought it would be fun to host a mini-meet down here and meet some of the local headphone community. I’ve done a number of these in Seattle, and those have generally been attended to capacity, and a lot of fun (well, at least for me). Though headphone-wise, this could be both my first and last here!

Consider this an “interest-check” for now, but if there’s enough interest expressed in this thread, then I’m happy to host.

And I say “mini” meet, but I have plenty of space here vs. my last spot in Seattle, so “mini” is more that I’d be hosting in my home. I’d say a minimum of 10 people to make it interesting and a maximum of 20-25 people (depending on how many want to bring full rigs vs. just individual pieces of gear or headphones).

I’ll deal with details and scheduling if there’s enough interest.

16 Likes

I live in Boca Raton :+1:

2 Likes

I’m happy to hear this and would love to visit. On the positive side you now live less than half the distance from me as when in Seattle. On the negative side that’s still 1,000 miles away…so not too realistic unless the stars align…

2 Likes

sniff :cry:

Hey @TylersEclectic, let’s fly down and gatecrash!

3 Likes

Well I’m 4-5 hrs depending on the time of day and location and date.

1 Like

Same here, about 5 hrs.

1 Like

Howdy. I live near Melbourne (Florida), and would likely be interested depending on the timing and location.

Fwiw I’m likely somewhere around 3-3.5 hours away depending on time of day and location. (As some may know, “S. FL” covers a rather large area - there’s south Florida, and then there’s south south Florida for example :slight_smile: ).

2 Likes

If you use the Deering Estate as a reference point, that’ll get you close enough to where it will be for now.

We’ll worry about date and time once I know if there’s enough interest to do it at all.

1 Like

Yep, that helps thanks. Not a problem, I’ll just factor in some additional time (assuming we get enough interest).

1 Like

Fun, and kind of you to host and organize! I’m not local, but interested and may find myself in South Florida depending on the date.

4 Likes

I’d be interested.

I’m a bit less than an hour away. I’ll be moving further upstate at the end of July, but no question that I’d make a trip back for this, barring a serious conflict.

1 Like

And like anything this time of year with the weather and those "storms " we get that disrupt pretty much everything :grinning:. .

1 Like

That’s my neck of the woods. I could bring some gear Sonnet Morpheus, Black amp, pi2aes streamer. Zana Deux S, SW 51+, some phones that few here have heard…sounds like fun…

2 Likes

I haven’t forgotten about this, but so far there has not been enough interest to make it worth doing (for me).

1 Like

Thanks for the update. That’s unfortunate, and I’m a bit surprised. As @bpcarb mentioned, I second the thought that it is a great idea, and it’s very kind of you to offer to coordinate and host.

Hopefully perhaps some more folks will be interested and more able to make plans after the 4th of July holiday? I guess we’ll see…

1 Like

It’s one of “those” things.

I’ve found mini-meets of less than 10 people tend to lose momentum very quickly, and we’re around half that at present - so it’s a question of effort vs. return. Might be timing, might be location, might be COVID, or some combination.

I’ll bump the thread periodically and if we get enough interest I’ll be more than willing to do it still.

I should probably post it over on Head-Fi as well, just for a broader audience.

1 Like

That might be a good idea… a couple of years ago at least there seemed to be an active S. FL/Miami crew there.

1 Like

A quick update …

As much fun as it would be to do a little get-together (assuming interest/availability) “just because”, I’m going to wait until I have both the LCD-5 and the SR-X9000 on hand to spin this up again.

I’ll very likely have some other, unusual and interesting (and decidedly high-end) gear around then too.

I am hopeful that this will be this year.

If I have those cans early enough to do a mid-December meet, then I’m game for that. Once we pass 12/15, then it’ll be pushed into next year.

It’ll also, probably, be a bit less “mini” than before, as we now have the house fully in order. And for those potentially coming from further afield, we have several proper guest rooms now.

7 Likes