New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon to this weeks new members, enjoy !

1 Like

Thanks - itā€™s nice to be here :slightly_smiling_face:

Iā€™ve always been a speaker listener at home with a couple of pairs of Sennheisers collecting dust in the corner. For some reason recently, it was like a switch got flicked on and Iā€™m now really enjoying my new found interest in headphone listening.

8 Likes

Hello and welcome @Jonwch and @pk500.

2 Likes

Welcome to all new members. Enjoy

1 Like

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome! Glad to have found a friendly and really helpful community!

Got into the hobby not so long ago, and with everything thatā€™s been happening with covid, has really given me a moment to pause, sit down and really enjoy my music. Definitely looking forward to exploring more into it! :grin:

J

8 Likes

Music and audiophilia are saving us all form madness.
Happy you found this place one where you can spend some time.
This is really a large, big family.
Enjoy

7 Likes

Welcome all the new members to the headphone disco!

5 Likes

Tony Manero Inside :rotating_light:

2 Likes

Many thanks! Enjoy the site and YouTube channel, and I realized, ā€œI better jump into that forum, too!ā€ :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s the best thing to do. Jump in feet first and get active on the forum. :grinning:. Were all here to learn from each other and talk about this fantastic pastime of ours. Nice to have you aboard.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @razornova.

3 Likes

Welcome to all this weeks new members.

1 Like

Hi @USATRAN - I have an iFi iPurifier3 too - I havenā€™t heard many people talking about them, but I think it makes a difference and always use it.

3 Likes

I had a pair of AKG K240 cans that did justice to drum dynamics, especially in the lower mid-upper bass region. I donā€™t use any EQ on my playback equipment so Iā€™m a fan of natural room EQ and the equipmentā€™s own characteristics.

1 Like

The digital domain has its own peculiarities, one of which is digital jitter. Itā€™s like having a wheel on your car that needs rebalancing because it shimmies at a certain road speed. Latency can be an issue due to cheap cabling with long runs that, in a coax cable, is the result of cable capacitance where the signal gets ā€œabsorbedā€ by the cable itself. The iFi iPurfier3 really cleans things up.

2 Likes

Perhaps consider the RAAL SR1a ear speakers with similar ribbon drivers. You might even be able to use your Maggie speaker amp to drive them.

Delayed welcome and I enjoyed reading your essay. I keep safeguards on hand to try to counter the placebo effect and keep me and my consumables honest, for audio and beyond.

We have some good discussion in this thread.

3 Likes

Hey guys,

Iā€™m new to this forum but been more active on reddit, was recently invited to join this forum from there. I didnā€™t know there was a forum on this site!

About 3-4 years in this hobby and all I can say is I canā€™t imagine my life without it. Current hp in collection: Arya, MDR-Z7, Denon D2000, Ath-w1000x and LSA HP-2 (LSAā€™s version of Kennerton Gjallarhorn) on the way. Looking forward to chatting with you guys soon!

8 Likes

Hello and welcome @Olli_bear, @gonzoznog, @bithloman, @Smhdery and @bobmysterious.

3 Likes

Hello yā€™all!
My name is Reid and Iā€™m loving the atmosphere of this forum. I was into the headphone scene back in 2016, but got sidetracked until a few months ago. Now Iā€™m back developing my hifi system and learning from everything Iā€™m reading. I have a background in music as a studio engineer in Nashville back in 2003-2006. I love blues, rock, country, jazz, and latelyā€¦ classical music. Iā€™ve always loved all things audio, and am a bit of a gear whore. I have a Holo Audio May out for delivery as we speak. Iā€™ll post about it here sooner or later. Glad to be here though, thanks for the kind welcome to the forum!

14 Likes