New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

Hi all, guys! im new member here, love music and play piano :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Welcome in the family. Enjoy

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @Vadarvilene, @headphones, @cap and @that-crazy-crow.

4 Likes

hello, new to the forum but not new to audio. nice layout and members so far. glad i found it.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @sh1.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,

New to the forum, so here is a bit about me and my journey since I got into this hobby about two years ago.

I love to listen to Musik and did so mostly over my stereo system. Since my son was born and also not to disturb the wife while watching a movie or playing games I was looking for a better headset.
While browsing the web I found a forum post (not this forum unfortunately) that refers to using Hi-Fi Headphones for gaming which peaked my interest.
And that was the start for going down the rabbit hole.
Got my fist pair of beyerdynamics 770pro 250 ohms and rediscovered my music in a very good way. Made me fell in love with music once more.

So I was curious what else there is available and started checking reviews. Since than I got 4xx, 58x, 650, 660S, 880 as 250 ohm, Denon D2000, a T20rp that has been converted to Argons MKI, TheaAudio Phantoms and Focal Elegia.
Also looked into IEMā€™s when on the go and doing work outs. BLON, tinHIFI, Shouzy 1.1, TheaAudio Legacy3, Icco OH10ā€™s.
For Amps and Dacs, I own a FX Audio X6, Xduoo XD-05 Basic, THX789 with a SMSL Sanskrit and new to the club a Feliks Elise. So down the Tube hole I go :sweat_smile:.

As for music I like almost everything that grabs me.
Largest in my Song collection though is HipHop (not the newer crap) acoustic Musik and Metall.

My preferred sound signature is musical, engaging, slightly warm, detailed bot not to analytical with sound stage.

As I made my way through the entry level stuff und looking now towards the next upgrade in tier I found Resolves channel. Lately I really enjoy Tylerā€™s and Marcelloā€™s content. Specially the live streams as they are very informative and you also get even more opinions from the chat. So I decided to sign up here to get in touch with others and discuss about musik and gear.

Next things on my list are getting a better Dac and a headphone from ZMF (looking at Aeolus or VC). Possible options for tube rolling and a tube amp for the office.

Thatā€™s enough rambling :sweat_smile:
Stay safe and healthy these days

12 Likes

Hello and welcome @RazQ, @FramedOne and @Blizniak.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @skeeb23 and @Essentials.

3 Likes

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon To this weeks new members, Enjoy !

2 Likes

Hi to all
Im from UK :uk:
Been in to headphones :headphones: from a young age.
But only recently got in to the higher end sort of stuff.
Enjoy watching resolve(headphones.com) videos.
Hope everyone is keeping safe.
:+1:t2:

10 Likes

Hello. Iā€™m new. I love music and headphones. Iā€™ve had many headphones over the years but Iā€™ve kept these: Grado RS2e, Sennheiser HD800S, Meze Audio 99 Classics. I look forward to sharing the hobby.

15 Likes

welcome to the Community!

Welccome! If a picture paints a thousand wordsā€¦(yes, a Bread reference)

The image of a 5lb cable on 10oz headphones always brings a smile to my face! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello and thank you for the welcome. Iā€™m still pretty new to hi-fi audio but been an audio lover my entire life. Iā€™ve mostly owned headphones/speakers that were sub 200.00. However, Iā€™ve now stepped into much higher end HP and really enjoying the comparisons to what I have been missing!

Really enjoying the forums and the various insights to this incredible hobby!

6 Likes

I use as a belt when on the go.

2 Likes

If you are still looking at solving this I came across a tidbit, but I donā€™t have iTunes so I canā€™t verify that it works.

You can create a playlist of all your 5-star tracks and export it. You will then have a list of tracks that you could set to 5-stars in the flacs, if you can find an MP3 editor that can do it in an automated way.

Repeat the process with 4-stars, etc. Not the most elegant but might change the impossible to possible.

2 Likes

Thanks Nick, thatā€™s a great idea. Iā€™ll try it.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @sleekhobbys and @oso.

2 Likes

Welcome to all new members of the last week

2 Likes

Thanks @prfallon69 and hi everyone! Sleek here, Iā€™ve been a lurker for several months and really enjoying my entry into the hobby (currently loving the ZMF Aeolus and Sundaras). Iā€™m a crossover from the mechanical keyboards hobby (whatā€™s up @driftingbunnies) that is also my day job, so itā€™s great to see the same passion in hifi. Currently, Iā€™m scoping out tube amps like Ampsandsound and DNA to see what thatā€™s all about and really up my work-at-home experience.

Big thanks to Marcello, Tyler, and Resolve for their great videos, and everyone in this forum for the good vibe and informative content!

7 Likes