New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the rabbit hole…err I mean welcome to the community!! :slight_smile: Seriously, Arya’s are a fantastic HP and I could see them being called anyone’s endgame.

7 Likes

“Comparison is the thief of joy.” (attributed to various people)
Not being snarky here, but there is a lot of truth in that phrase.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @calliejohnson, @JM_Chan and @slowpilgrim.

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

My audiophile journey technically started over 10 years ago, tapered off for a number of years, and over the past several months has been rekindled through extensive research and playing the game of the used market to narrow down my ideal combos. I was recommended the MrSpeakers/Dan Clark “Mad Dog” as my first foray into the ‘mid-fi’ price-bracket when they were still being sold, and that was my go-to headphone (hooked up to an old Optonica amplifier + Schiit Stack) for 7~ish years. Parallel to this I was also into the “bang-for-your-buck” and popular picks like the Klipsch S4, Zero Audio Carbo Tenore, and Tin Hifi T2 (chronologically) during their peak popularity.

Since last fall I decided to take the plunge, moving pretty rapidly from mid-fi up to summit-fi chasing my ideal sound-signatures. Learned quite a bit about measurements along the way, but I’ve always used the subjective parts of reviews, especially related to artists and genres make my final purchase decisions. I’m into everything from Jazz Fusion, Dream Pop, Math Rock, Funk, Trance, Opera, J-pop, etc., so anything that enhances my music-listening experience comes first-and-foremost.

My current collection/rotation:

HPs: Audeze LCD-5, Final Audio D8000 Pro, Audeze LCD-XC (2021), “Philphone 3”, Sennheiser HD800S, and Audioquest Nighthawk Carbon
IEMs: qdc 8SL, Moondrop Variations, and XENNS UP
SCs/DAPs/Dongles: Schiit Bifrost II → Schiit Jotunheim II / Denafrips Ares II → Singxer SA-1 / Woo WA8 (Stock Tubes) / JDS El 3 / Questyle QP2R / Qudelix 5K

Current favorites are the “Philphone 3” off of the WA8, both Audezes and the D8KP off the Ares-Singxer Combo, and the 8SL off nearly everything tbh.

Looking forward to participating more on the forum!

13 Likes

Great to have you here and that’s an enviable list of goodies you have. Enjoy.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @inventionlws and @thejazzystreetof.

3 Likes

So true. I love that statement. Thanks :trophy:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

First of all, I want to say I’m humbled to be part of this community. I’m a big fan of music, especially art music such as classical or jazz. For the last couple of years, I’ve been into owning a decent pair of headphones and having a good sound system so I can listen to the music that I love as best as possible. So here I am to share my thoughts about some artists I cherish and, simultaneously, learn from all of you. Thanks!

9 Likes

That is one hell of a bundle of gear you have! There is a great group of people on this forum to interact with! So hello and welcome!

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @O_k.

2 Likes

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon to this weeks newest members

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Relype.

2 Likes

Hello , I am very glad to be part of the community here, but let me introduce myself, my name is Sam I am 25 y/o I live in the UK and I work as IT, I am still new to the audiophile world but I am loving it so far, my dad is a big audiophile and he got me into this world, he is more into speakers (Magico Q7) but I find it to be way too expensive for this stage of my life and I prefer headphones more at this point. I have a lot of questions about audio equipment and I hope I can find the answers here and create nice discussions.

Thank you again for welcoming me!

5 Likes

Welcome to all this weeks new members.

1 Like

I’ll say! If you grew up with speakers in that range, you’re going to be in for an interesting ride, as your ears will be attuned to nuance. Welcome. It won’t be long before your Dad comes over to listen to your headphones.

1 Like

Haha I have never heard his Magicos as we live in different countries and I did not had the chance to go and see him yet but he told me has Focal Utopia but yeah he is trying to get me into speakers and I have Dynaudio Xeo 2 but speakers in general are different animal…

4 Likes

Hello and Welcome @ethanc. Xxxxxxxx

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Michael_Wright.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @ThtGamerDad, @midivalmunk and @RLS.

5 Likes

Thanks @prfallon69. Glad to have found this group. I’m getting a late start in the audio community at 56. I fell into it because I started playing Fortnite during Covid (so I guess I’m still young at heart!) and then started listening to music more and more. I’m in the Dallas area, so if anyone knows of great hifi stores in the area I’d love to know places to try out new headphones and gear to help with future purchasing decisions. So far I’ve recently added HD6XX and Sundara’s to my beginner’s collection and am excited to see where I go from here. Thanks for the welcome and the willingness to share information. I’ve learned alot already!

11 Likes