New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon to this weeks new members

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Francois_Russo.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Pianist.

2 Likes

I’m directed to post in a thread with literally thousands of posts & it’s infinite scroll rather than paginated??? And the link to it lands you in 2019??? With no top/bottom buttons? And no practical way to do anything but reply to 3-year-old posts? Queuing new posts or new threads for approval is fine, but this is totally impractical. I’m giving up.

1 Like

I’m sorry you are having issues. Here is a quick layout of how it works…

As a new member, posts will be queued for manual approval until you have a minimum amount of posts.

To create new threads, this is unavailable until you reach trust level 1.

This is to limit new threads being created for each individual question, as there is probably already a thread on the subject.

Basically we keep specific item related posts to the thread of that specific item. General questions for purchase advice, fault finding, etc. each have their own thread which receives far more traffic that individual threads for each question, meaning more people will be able to help out.

2 Likes

Drag the slider that’s under the date.

The “general” threads are where you want to start. Everyone who’s signed in will see those threads from their last-read post, not the beginning.

1 Like

Plus END works like a bottom button if you are on a computer. I was here for two years before I realized that.

2 Likes

Welcome, everyone! Glad you could join us!

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Ranjan_Thomas.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @rollomat and @charkeski.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @ears, @JoseC and @Boomer_Assasin.

3 Likes

Hello everyone!

Started down this rabbit hole a little more than a year ago out of necessity. My pc/office space is on the other side of the room from my home theater. I wanted to find the best alternative to speakers for listening to music and gaming on my pc. I also don’t want to hear what might be playing behind me so the majority of the headphones that I am interested in are closed-backs.

Current headphones in the order they were acquired:

• HD6XX
  • Modhouse Argon MkIII
  • DT 177X
  • Meze 99 Noir
  • E-MU Teak

Source(s):

• Schiit Magnius
  • Schiit Modius
  • Ifi Go Blu

I’ve recently started looking for EQ profiles that I can apply to Peace/APO to bring out the best in each one of these headphones. I’ve appreciated all of the content that I’ve found on the Headphone Show’s youtube channel and from what I’ve seen so far this forum is an excellent source of information as well.

Headphones that I’m currently interested in:
Hifiman HE-R9D or HE-R10D (Possibly the JM Edition mod?)
Focal Radiance
LCD-XC
Harmonicdyne Zeus
M1070C

I typically listen to Rock, Metal, EDM, and some Rap/Hip Hop. As you can see from the headphones I have and the headphones I’m interested in, I love me some bass.

Looking forward to learning from all of you, reading your reviews, finding great EQ profiles, and contributing where I can.

Jesse

5 Likes

Hello and see welcome @Amplifried, @xtiva2000, @remo and @dipper13579.

5 Likes

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon to this weeks new members, enjoy and Merry Christmas

6 Likes

Hello and welcome @Cursed_Tarragon.

2 Likes

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon and enjoy !

The best thing about your diligent greetings, Paul, is that we learn wonderful new user names like @Cursed_Tarragon.

3 Likes

Hehehehe indeed my friend. Lol.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @Beemian.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @Noobqs and @AudioEnthusiast.

1 Like