New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

Thank you @prfallon69

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Arn_Saknusun, @Markj, @frank, @brunobm, @guyuemuziye, @Stinkles, @SpeedLisbon and @Ken_Driggers_II.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @bobfa and @Emre_Kus.

2 Likes

Hi,

My name is Bob I am an audiophile!

I run a small technology consulting firm helping small businesses with computers, networking, etc… I do some professional photography on the side and I love gardening. I mess around with additive and subtractive machining.

I mess around with audio a lot. I write for Audiophile Style.

Currently I am using a JDS Labs Element III with Meze 109 Pro headphones at my desk.

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/bits-and-bytes/update-perfecting-my-desktop-system-with-headphones-speakers-and-spatial-audio-r1176/

My main audio system is an Audio Only 7.1.4 ATMOS system.

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/immersive/scalable-dolby-atmos-music-system%C2%A0-r1165/

8 Likes

Hi Bob!!

…and welcome!!

1 Like

Welcome Bob!

I recognized your photo, and thought you must have left this forum some time ago and come back. But then I realized I’ve read your posts on Audiophile Style.

Hopefully we can do some cross-pollination of ideas between the 2 forums.

2 Likes

Hello and Welcome @Michael_Lydon.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @oronymo, @urbanjanitor and @K11.

3 Likes

Thanks! Been a long-time stereo and headphone enthusiast… first time on the headphone community.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @kmgx1234 and @HonestAbe.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Bevok.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @Earman, @Reyess, @Tonza and @listen_r.

2 Likes

Hello! New here after living in a few different headphone subreddits. Currently using my Sundara’s with an Atom stack, though I’ve had a few dynamic headphones in the past. Finally in a position to try and track down some Arya’s after drooling over them for 2-3 years now! Glad to be here

6 Likes

Hello, I’m new here but also post on several other audio forums. I’m looking to stay up the the current gear available and to further develop my music tastes.

Current gear:

IEMs: Empire Ears Odin, 64 Audio U12t, UM Mest Mk II, Thieaudio MMK2, QDC Anole VX, Sony IER Z1R/M9, Campfire Andromeda 2020/ Dorado/Onyx, Symphonium Helios, AüR Neon Pro, 7th Acoustics Supernova, Sennheiser IE600, Dunu SA6, Moondrop S8/ Variations/ Blessing2/ Blessing2 Dusk/ Kato/Starfield, ER4XR, Dunu Titan S, Noble Kaiser K10, Xenns Tea 2, Symphonium Meteor, FatFreq Maestro-mini, Raptgo Hook-X, Tanchjim Oxygen, Yanyin Moonlight, AKG N5005, Audio Hekilli, Penon Fan2, 7hz Timeless, ikko OH10, Olina SE, Simgot EA500, TRI Starriver, Truthear Hexa, FiiO JD7/FH15, Tangzu Wu Zeitan, QKZ-HBB Khan, KBEar Rosefinch, TinHiFi T3+, Salnotes Zero, KZ ZEX/ ZS 10 Pro X, GSA 3DGA, KE Cadenza, CCA C10/CRA+

Headphones: HiFiMan HE1000 v2, Denon AH-D9200, Focal Clear, DCA Aeon 2 Noire, LSA HP2 Ultra SE, E-MU Teak, Sennheiser 6xx, Beyerdynamic dt770

Portable DAP/DACS: FiiO Q7, iFi Gryphon, FiiO BTR7, FiiO M11 +

Desktop DACs/Amps: SMSL M500 Mk III. On order - Schiit Modi Multibit, Lokius, Lyr+

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @PooRadley, @NiteRiter, @xavierbaez, @eu-d and @CharlieMarks.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @Oddysseur, @Nexecuteur, @catharsis, @Joe_LJW, @I-Hogan, @adam_nr, @john808welk, @oballzo, @simes_pep and @Regulator.

4 Likes

Hello, in my youth was a hifi enthusiast in the seventies, building amplifiers and loudspeakers. After marriadge, studies and children all that stayd forgotten. After I retired few years ago I interested in hifi again. This time headphones and IEM’s, started with Sony’s MDR-ZX770BN and WH-1000X M3 (both too boomy-bass, but good ANC). Then tried IEM’s like Moondrop Aria, TinHifiT3+, Tripowin Mele, Letshuoer S12, headphones Hifiman HE400se and Sennheiser HD 600, “needed” an amplifier, so I got Topping DX3Pro+, then some new cheap IEM,s like Moondrop Quarks DSP, Truthear Hola, and QKZ x HBB, the last one is Sennheiser IE200. Actually, all but Sony’s are very pleasent headphones to listen my music (all gendres really). Sony’s are decent after some EQ. When I still study all kinds of things in youtube, I have YT premiun and YT music, my main source of music. After I realized to purchase better tips like SpinFit CP100+ and CP145, all my IEM’s are just good enough, yes, different but good. Did I understand this earlier, Aria would be all I neer, really. (sorry my no-native English)

6 Likes

Hi there,

I am happy that I found this forum. I would like to share experience and to learn about new (or vintage) gear. I like my hifi gear (two different sets in two rooms), especially my vintage receivers (Yamaha CR 640 and Marantz 2238b).

But meanwhile I am more on head gear. I am using Qobuz, Spotify and lots of FLAC files (16/44.1 - ripped from my CDs) stored on my NAS. In fact my MacBook is now my favorite “source”.

I am using a S.M.S.L M500 MK II and an Epiphany Objective2 / ODAC combo. My headphones are AKG K701 (original version “made in Austria”), AKG Q701 Quincy Jones, Hifiman HE-400, Hifiman Sundara closed back an a Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohm.

I am open minded and hope to learn about head gear and I am ready to share my experience and knowledge.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @KSJJ and @Proletus.

1 Like

Hi . A newby.
I just got a new Schiit Asgard 3 with dac and my Audeze lcd-xc cans should arrive in a couple days. Excited! I have Qobuz running on my windows 11 Dell laptop.
Do you think that I need an EQ program ( if so which one?) and/or Audirvana, JRiver, Fidelizer, Audiophile Optimizer etc.?
Quite confusing. Thx Dan

7 Likes