“Now Playing”

Read about this beautiful instrumental guitar album in Pitchfork’s newsletter. Wow.

4 Likes

Madlib can do no wrong. Madlib and Four Tet together do even more not wrong.

2 Likes

That’s an awesome recording.

Currently listening to:

Her whole Notes from the Archive album sounds awesome on great gear. I believe she recorded it herself.

2 Likes

Beautiful! Maggie is great.

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

4 Likes
3 Likes

This is a good one… those snappy-cracky-poppy bits just after 1:00 really tickle the brain!! Middle eastern instruments are awesome too :+1:

1 Like

AURORA’s new album. An incredible musical experience as always.
601d7d0d7b21c

This:

Doja Cat-Hot Pink: Streets

@AudioTool - I saw Junior Brown once, he was amazing. Christopher Parkening - level virtuosity, though very different music.

1 Like

2 Likes

Finally got around to listening to this. Thank you.

(I was this many years old when I learned likes are finite on this platform)

I’m a huge Bond movie fan and so the music has (almost) always appealed to me as well. After watching Live and Let Die recently I developed a craving to hear the theme song again. I haven’t listened to this track in years - well before I started getting into headphones. DAMN! I am pleasantly shocked by how good this sounds for an older recording.

McCartney really nailed this one with the plenty of dynamics, changing musical styles and tempo, and the perfect blend of rock with classic instruments. Not to mention lyrics that are meaningful both within and outside of the context of the movie. Dare I say this is prog rock? Who cares as it is awesome regardless of how you classify it.

4 Likes

Swapping a faucet wound up in three trips to the Home Depot, and a new valve from the wall. So, headphones and tunes and an aching back.

3 Likes

Going back to 1986 from Sydney-based rockers Hoodoo Gurus - Mars Needs Guitars , on Qobuz

Mars_Needs_Guitars

3 Likes