Pictures of your portable rig

Smol player and smol IEMs. Nice! Hopefully you can get a cable and some terminals to get those a bit more portable.

1 Like

Now with mo’ Purple…

11 Likes

10 Likes

More transportable than portable, I suppose, as you couldn’t use this around other people.

9 Likes

Beautiful…I would love to give the tubed output on the N8 a whirl through my Z1R.

1 Like

This is my portable rig. I use this setup every day and is the mainstay of my listening throughout the day. The Dap is the Pioneer XDP-300R which is paired with my beloved 64 Audio U18T.

For those folks unaware as you can see I have no skill whatsoever in taking pictures. So please accept my sincere apologies for the poor photograph.

12 Likes

Great setup! One day I’ll have to upgrade my Andromeda’s for a pair of 64s

1 Like

I am certain that you would find a set to your liking. You could even go for a custom set in purple. :blush:

1 Like

One more of my current setup-- Cayin N6ii and Sony IER Z1R

7 Likes

rps20190808_213310 rps20190808_213227
My current portable option is the Pioneer XDP30R and Pioneer SE-CH5BL(K).

2 Likes

Nice! I used to own the Onkyo verson of that player (DP-S1) and really liked it. Good size and worked well.

2 Likes

Yes, it has been a pleasant surprise to use. I like it so much more than my Cayin N3 and the Hifiman Megamini. The earphones are interesting as they are balanced 2.5mm only, attached cable. Really shows off the power and clean sound of the XDP30R.

2 Likes

Indeed. I upgraded from the Cayin N3 to the Onkyo too :smiley:

The reason I’ve moved on from it was because I use Spotify a lot and wanted that to be part of my Audio Player. The new Hiby R5 is probably going to be on my shopping list as soon as it’s available for order, but may also wait for the new Sony ZX 507 to come out too. Still pretty content with my A&K SR15 though!

I really like the simple interface of the Pioneer/Onkyo series. Quick, snappy, and logical.

3 Likes

I use Tidal so the Pioneer fits right into my need. The user interface is a lot better then that clunky Cayin N3. Hiby R5 does look very tempting to try out. I haven’t had the pleasure of any Sony or A&K players yet.

Cayin N6ii & QDC Anole VX

4 Likes

A&ultima SP1000M, InEar ProPhile 8, Plussound custom balanced cable.

6 Likes

How do you find the Plussound cable? I have thought about getting one.

I ordered a custom balanced cable from Plussound when I had a QP2R. Here’s their current Etsy site.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I have browsed their product line-up. They seem to have some pretty decent cables.

This isn’t all mine, but here’s a set of DAPs

13 Likes