Seattle/Vancouver Area Meetup in August?

I cap these things (at least when hosting them in my home) at 10 people, so, since @jrockwell was in my original count of 8, you’d make 9, which leaves room for one more.

2 Likes

Thanks @Torq-- I’ll be down with two passengers then.

1 Like

I would love to be there, but am rather tied up with work this month and dont expect it to let up in time to attend this meet! Have a great time everyone.

1 Like

Just an update @Torq…there has been a change of plans and I am coming down by myself now…so your count is still at 8.

2 Likes

My attendance likelihood is trending downwards, unfortunately, but I’ll confirm either way by Wednesday.

1 Like

Thanks guys, I appreciate the updates.

I’ll fire up a private conversation in a bit, for those attending, with more details (e.g. how to find me, a few notes about how these things tend to go, and some notes for anyone that’s not done one of these before).

2 Likes

A few updates on gear, from my side of things:

Thanks to the kind indulgences of Zach at ZMF there is a very solid chance that we’ll have a pair of the “Vérité C” to listen to. I am more than a little excited about that!

I will have the Rosson Audio RAD-0 here.

And of course my current stable of cans**, highlights of which include the RAAL SR1a, Audeze LCD-4, Abyss AB-1266 Phi CC, Focal Utopia, Stellia and Clear, Sennheiser HD800S and HD820 and both ZMF Vérité and Eikon.

Plus whatever you guys bring.

I’ll have my Blu Mk2 (M-Scaler) -> DAVE, feeding an Etude* (for the SR1a) and the Woo WA234MK2 MONO for everything else. I’ll also bring my Hugo M-Scaler -> Hugo TT 2 home from the office. And my Hugo 2 will be there.

Unless someone(s) in this group are particularly wanting to hear them (let me know ahead of time), I will probably not setup the complete Schiit mini-stack (Modi 3/Modi MB, Magni 3/Vali 2, Loki, Eitr, Sys, Wyrd).

The Phonitor X will be available fed both by it’s internal DAC192 module and the RME ADI-2 DAC fs. And I can fire up an un-speedballed Bottlehead Crack and iFi Audio Pro iCAN if/when people are interested.

*Assuming mine arrives in time; the demo unit I was using had to be returned. If it doesn’t, it’ll be a Vidar in that role. Which might be a more useful reference point anyway, as it shows just how good the SR1a can sound even with inexpensive amplification.
**Some of these, and several that aren’t listed here, are targets of my post-SR1a downsizing, so this will be the last time I have them at a meet as they are, or will be, up for sale.

7 Likes

I’m even more excited! I’m very much so, looking forward to the Verite C!
Fingers crossed it is available for this!

2 Likes

That’s an excellent list of gear!

On our end, we will hopefully be bringing the Focal Arche, Matrix Element X2, Chord Hugo 2, Cayin iDAP-6 along with a few headphones.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

4 Likes

Verite C! ahh!

5 Likes

Hey @Torq, is there room for me? I’d love to hear the ZMF C …

2 Likes

There is indeed!

2 Likes

Wish I could be joining you guys! Sounds like there will be a lot of amazing stuff there.

2 Likes

It should be a fun day!

And, while I think about, at this point, I’m at capacity for this one.

3 Likes

Great! I’ll bring along my Aeon Flow Closed, in case anyone hasn’t heard them and the RAALs are on someone else’s head. Oh, and I’ll also bring a tray of the brownies you guys liked last time, of course.

4 Likes

The “real” reason I’m showing up this Saturday…lol

Speaking of grub have you guys tried the Ube latte from Hood bakery? Addictive as all get out…they make an ube cheescake as well…maybe I’ll try an pick one up Friday or Saturday before swinging over…but I’ve been put on a short time window by the other…which I’ll do my best to stretch out :wink: I’m shooting for 1-5 time frame…traffic parking and WAF of tardiness depending…luckily she will be with her sister which could foster loss of attention to time lol…

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I’m officially out at this point. Hopefully I’ll have a chance to redeem myself in the future.

3 Likes

sorry to hear that @Jaethan - @Torq, I can offer up demos of my just-arrived Andromeda Gold in exchange for his spot. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I added you to the private thread. Please read the first post at a minimum!

And with that there is absolutely no more room!

2 Likes

For those wanting to discuss the meet or talk about what you heard (or who you met etc.) I’ve started an “impressions” thread for the meet here.

Don’t feel like you have to post structured thoughts there … just consider it a continuation of the meet in terms of discussion if you like.

2 Likes