Vancouver BC Meet-Up

Hello all,

We are going to be hosting a meet-up on July 6th in Vancouver, BC. For those of you who are local, I would definitely recommend coming by. Just drop a reply in this thread or send me a PM and I can give you more details.

We will have lots of gear on hand for listening and it will be great to see some of you face to face!

5 Likes

I’m game! Looking forward to it!

3 Likes

maybe I can do a road trip. :smiley:

5 Likes

Can you pick me up on the way? :wink:

4 Likes

I’ll be there :smirk:

3 Likes

Aww, I’ll be out of town…
Will stax in-ears/emphyriam or brands like abyss/zmf be there ? Been dying to hear those. :sob:
Anyways hf, hope there’ll be more of these in the future!

1 Like

I won’t be able to confirm until next week, but a quick chat with the wife last night and she’s definitely up for this. We’d probably head up Friday evening … so it’s mostly dependent on whether we skip out on a longer trip that goes over this weekend or not (which is looking a bit less likely at the moment).

If we’re meeting at the headphones.com office, and you want to unhook the SPL Performer s800 you have running your big Focal’s there for a little bit I could bring the SR1a with me (assuming you don’t get to hear it properly this weekend).

2 Likes

We could definitely unhook one of the s800s for that purpose. They are in a very accessible location so taking the very, very stiff Audioquest cables out of of them is relatively painless!

2 Likes

…and this is looking more fun by the minute… I’ll probably be able to hang out for up to 4hrs before the family needs me back… I believe we are actually staying just south of Vancouver proper… Heading up Friday afternoon/evening also. I’ll bring along the ZMF Aeolus and Verite! The RAALs are a treat and I hope you guys get the chance to hear them…it is quite the experience…

I really want to, but unfortunately I’ll be helping my mother in law reroof her house… you all will be having much more fun than me.
I’ll be there for the next one!

2 Likes

I was just going to ask if headphones.com/ca let people demo gear. I’d love to attend.

1 Like

Because we are an online only store, most of our gear is kept in a warehouse so we don’t do any office demos right now. A listening station is something we are working on getting set up for hopefully the end of the year. We will be bringing some extra gear up for the meet though!

4 Likes

Awesome! I’m always intensely jealous of my friends in SEA because they’re able to demo all this nice gear, something were missing in Vancouver.
Sounds great! I’ll be there for the meet with a friend. I’ll be bringing my lotoo paw gold as well as a few custom iems.

3 Likes

I’m pretty tentative on this and only if i can get out of doing some house work that weekend. But am trying to make it happen :smiley:
Would love to meet you and Andrew for real this time (sorry, I missed the last time you were in town) and all the other folks I chat with on the interwebs.

4 Likes

oooh… @taronlissimore, this is turning into a full blown HeadphonesJam Vancouver :wink: need to start looking into some nice hotel conference spaces here soon :wink: maybe some headphone companies…

We are staying in Surrey, I’ll be taking the Sky-Train into Vancouver for the meet…hopefully I can get a solid couple of hours to hang out with you guys…I will bring the Verites…if I can find a safe way to transport the Aeolus I’ll bring that along as well ( I opted for the Mahogony case from ZMF for the Verite… Maybe I’ll order another seahorse case or similar to hold both headphones at the same time?)

3 Likes

Nice! There’s a Skytrain station about a 5 minute walk away so that will be nice and easy!

It seems like it will be a pretty good turnout. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

It would be awesome if you could! If not, we always make an excuse to get down to Seattle/Portland every couple of months!

2 Likes

Looks like the roof job is getting moved up, so i should be able to attend! I can bring my Empyrean’s if anyone would be interested in those?

5 Likes

Hello there! Very new to the forum but was directed here by a friend. I would like to go if it is possible!

4 Likes

Count me in! I can’t wait!

5 Likes

He’llo and welcome @Ship.

1 Like