Seattle/Vancouver Area Meetup in August?

Preferably in the second half of August as I’ll be in the Okanagan until then. I can’t host or anything but I would love to see it happen…consider this post the planting of a seed or so to speak. I would love to attend an would be willing to help in any way I could. Cheers!

3 Likes

Where abouts in the Okanagan?

I’m in Kelowna :slight_smile:

Ah, I’ll be in Penticton at some point in August most likely. But generally in Vancouver.

2 Likes

If it’s in Seattle, there’s a near 100% chance that I could host it on August 24th. Could start earlier, and finish later, than would normally be the case, as well, since my wife will be at her annual girls-weekend.

I will probably be finished with my consolidation/rationalization and rig-resets by then as well, which will mean a very different set of available gear than I’ve previously had around. I can post more details on that as/when/if appropriate.

5 Likes

That weekend may work for me too!

3 Likes

The 24th happens to be when @andrew and I may most likely will be in Seattle for some meetings. So depending on time and location we may be able to make it as well!

5 Likes

I can make the 24th work as well. I had already mentioned that weekend as a possible get together weekend to the wife, so “pre-approval” has been granted lol.

6 Likes

I’ll do my best to appear as well. I’ll just explain to my wife that I need to drive 10hrs for fancy headphones and a meal at Flint Creek Cattle Co. :wink: Makes perfect sense to me.

4 Likes

3 Likes

I’m new to this forum, but I’m familiar with @antdroid, and we’ve met once or twice. I’m in the Seattle area and can make/would like to do a meet on the 24th as well.

2 Likes

My “near 100% chance” of being able to do this, is now an actual “100%” chance. Just need to let me know if me hosting is how we want to do this. It’s worth noting that if there’s more than 10 people, my place probably won’t work.

It’s also worth noting that “meets” at my place often degenerate into a LOT more talking than listening (no idea why, just how it seems to go …).

And then, just for clarity/expectation setting, a lot of the gear I used to keep around for meets and general auditioning/comparisons, I have recently sold (can’t move it all over the world with me). So, some things people have come to expect that I’ll have here, I do not have anymore, which includes:

• Massdrop x amplifier line (LCX, MCTH, EC ZDT Jr. and THX AAA 789)
  • Massdrop x SDAC, SDAC-Balanced and RDAC
  • Massdrop x Headphones (HD58X, HD6XX, HE4XX, TR-X00, K7XX)

I probably won’t have:

• Schiit Stack (Modi 3, Modi MB, Vali 2, Magni 3, Sys, Loki, Eitr, Wyrd, Mani, Jil)

MySphere 3.2 may be here, just depends on how long it takes for my production set to arrive.

Rosson Audio RAD-0 depends on whether I buy a set or not and the Meze Empyrean depends on timing (and/or whether I buy those).

3 Likes

I am pretty sure I can attend. If so, I’ll bring my Mahogany Verite, qdc Anole VX, and whatever else IEMs I have for review at the time.

If there’s a request for me to take out the WA7 Fireflies Set, I can pull that out too, though they are pretty heavy to walk around with.

4 Likes

I can attend as well. I can bring some Mahogany TH-X00, Moondrop KXXS, Tin T2, and whatever miscellaneous cheap-fi I can scrounge up and throw in a bag that people may or may not be interested in.

I don’t have much that isn’t lofi but I hope I can still add something fun and worthwhile :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’m planning on attending unless life unexpectedly gets in the way somehow. I can bring my Sony IER Z1R and Cayin N6ii and, God forbid, any other gear I may acquire by then.

3 Likes

I can attend as well, since @Torq has most of the items I would bring, I will settle for bringing along the ZMF Aeolus. Maybe CA Cascade? I should receive my Cayin N6ii tomorrow, but @jrockwell has that covered…maybe the Audeze Mobius? I doubt I’ll still have the Empyrean by then, but you never know…if so I might still have the Azure amp on loan too. Also maybe the Audeze GX if they decide to launch it this week.

2 Likes

Bring the N6-II to gift to me for free please.

2 Likes

Lol, they release/announce the new amp module on the 8th! Hopefully they can figure out how to do a nutube module…I know they are working on one, or are at least att the conceptual stage for one based on comments over on head-fi

Nice. iBasso just released a NuTube module for their DX150/200/220. It’s piqued my interest.

1 Like

Me too, I might pick one up but, consensus is that the N6ii is a better DAP…even when the nutube module is in the ibasso…I’m referring mostly to the 220 model.

1 Like