The buying experience Thread good or bad

Dont worry Gordon, we here are all with you. Nothing Bogus about it. You handled it correctly. Many of these arguments are just postures wrapped in so-called principles!

Yes if it was posted as advertised then they are obligated to honor it.

Not necessarily true here. He beat the clock on the price change. Therefore he gets the price.

I disagree with you strongly. He beat the clock so the only entitlement that applies here is he made it too his cart on time to justify his price. Your allegation of his entitlement is grossly over-stated.

Bottom line, he got taken and it’s not fair to him.

You’re entitled to your opinion as well. I can’t speak for how the parties involved used the word at issue.

I’m not here to discuss truth. The application of the law is set forth in the links provided. Whether proper or appropriate or makes business/customer service sense is a different issue.

1 Like

all stores in Norway where i live sell super overpriced.

both the Arya as well as the HD800s and Clear, all sell for the same price of 2300$ i know because ive cross checked all stores in this country, furthermore there are very few stores with exotic headphone gear to demo and when there are its often only one brand, none of which are local to me and on top the import costs are pretty rough.

All in all the market is both limited as well as way overpriced, i have no idea whats going on there but im not going to be a part of it.

Any of you EU guys have the same trouble?

BTW
if any of you guys know which online resellers take requests on declaration prices for export a tip would be greatly appreciated!

Not really…
I live in Denmark and as part of EU I can buy at very compettitive prices with distribution cost as the only joker. The prices local in Denmark are mostly at a high but sub-Norway level, but with access to the huge German market, I can find stuff at more reasonable prices.
The range of products is probably similar, as there a a lot of high-end stuff I can’t get here, so I can’t demo it and a purchase is often done after reading a lot of reviews, to be sure it is in the area of what I like.

1 Like

Once the pandemic’s over, it sounds as though a trip down to Hamburg would be worthwhile, @Saber_Goli. You could audition a bunch of headphones, pick up the ones you like, squeeze in a quick vacation, and still possibly end up spending less than you’d pay in Norway.

3 Likes

all stores in Norway where i live sell super overpriced.

both the Arya as well as the HD800s and Clear, all sell for the same price of 2300$ i know because ive cross checked all stores in this country, furthermore there are very few stores with exotic headphone gear to demo and when there are its often only one brand, none of which are local to me and on top the import costs are pretty rough.

All in all the market is both limited as well as way overpriced, i have no idea whats going on there but im not going to be a part of it.

Any of you EU guys have the same trouble?

BTW
if any of you guys know which online resellers take requests on declaration prices for export a tip would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

I think your question belongs in this thread:

Others have had similar questions too.

@TylersEclectic – please review for possible move

1 Like

thanks for that generic, ill move right on over and let darthpool evaluate the validity of this post.

i apologize in advance if im being causing any inconvenience i know my posts have been moved before
:grimacing:

1 Like

This is just the way the market is in Europe. It has always been this way, and not just with audio equipment. Honestly the best thing you can do is to just not look at how much less things cost in the USA and deal with the fact that Europe is a completely different economic environment. You can’t really say something is overpriced here because everything is more expensive.

And while some resellers might help you out with lower cost declarations to help you out, there’s still a chance that your shipment will be subject to inspection and taxed according to its market value. It’s fraudulent, and therefore not a guarantee that you’ll get away with it.

4 Likes

Don’t feel bad, I’ve been here for years, and I don’t think I’ve ever noticed that thread.

2 Likes

sorry I originally moved it to the on/off topic thread… this is a much more appropriate thread, thank you for pinging me on it!

1 Like

Just found this thread. I must say that dealing with Sajeev @nectarsoundnet has be great. Just a few days ago I saw an unexpected envelope - it contained acoustically transparent foam that fits inside the outer headphone cup to protect from dust. I don’t have to look for another Crown Royal bag for the other side anymore!.

Seriously, communication has not only been excellent, it didn’t take much coaxing to get Sajeev to join us here. Great product, :phone: and it’s so good to have an involved small manufacturer onboard.
:phone: Nectar Hive estat.

5 Likes

prices have fluctuated

My worst purchasing experience had to have been when I wanted to purchase a used Luxman P750u from a store that asked to be contacted for the price. I sent them a few questions about the unit and was left with one to two word responses.

After deciding that that particular store would probably be the best price for me, I asked to move forward with the sale. After almost 10 emails back and forth with the owner about him not wanting to ship it to a UPS store (where I receive all my business items), I decided to reach out to another store that had mentioned they had a refurbished unit. I asked if they could match the used price and they did, no questions.

I’ve never tried so hard to give someone thousands of dollars before. It was an eye opening experience because I thought stores would want to unload inventory, not keep it for themselves.

8 Likes

Damn, that’s frustrating. I wonder if it’s because he couldn’t get over the billing and shipping address being different, and fraud concerns. But he wouldn’t have to ship until being fully paid, unless I’m missing something.

3 Likes

He brought up situations where other clients have tried to receive items at a UPS store but the UPS would not accept shipment (since it was from Fedex or DHL or some other courier). I reassured him that that was not the case and I’ve received plenty of items from all the different couriers and did not have any issues. He actually called the store himself to confirm it but he still did not provide me a way to pay him after 10 emails. He obviously did not care to take my money.

2 Likes

What a cluster, 10 emails is a lot of work. It’s probably better you got the unit you wanted at the price you wanted from another vendor.

Once sent by the seller and already en route, I’ve changed the delivery address to a FedEx Office hold location.

2 Likes