@robson Happy Happy :cake: :cake: :cake: Day

2 Likes

Thank you also @pennstac :pray:

1 Like

@robson

3 Likes

Happy Birthday robson!

2 Likes

Thank you @Lothar_Wolf, and @hottyson. I appreciate it!

2 Likes

Believe me, if anyone understands you, it’s me.

That’s why my first reaction to your post, that after a long period of extensive research and investment, you had completed the expansion of your system, was so mischievous.

I have been in this hobby for more than 40 years (hence the headphone line), and in some ways my professional activity has been linked to it and I know it will never end. When I see your equipment on the hifi shelf, then you certainly have, together with @Torq and possibly @ktc one of the the highest quality system in our community.

And now that I can no longer do my job for health reasons and have been sent into retirement, I have made the first phone calls to the European distributor of Holo Audio in Holland, who make me an offer for the complete Kitzune Edition Bundle & Red & Susvara .

I’m considering installing a Feliks Audio Envy and that should be it for now.

Until now, I had always installed Burmester car-hi-fi systems in my company vehicles because our clientele expressly preferred them.

I mainly used relatively high-quality mobile devices because I was rarely at home.

Then, due to a specific German problem, my health suffered severely, so that I have no longer been able to practice my job since then.

Due to my age, reorientation is no longer possible and so I was forced into retirement.

Now I’m focusing on my beloved hobby and enjoying what I have.

——————

By the way, due to my previous focus on mobility, I discovered a few very interesting compilations.

I would like to share one of them with you, as a quality audiophile.

If you can find an ifi iDSD signature somewhere,

connect it to your iPad and pair an Empy II with it,

yeah, for whatever reason, that fits like a glove.

I love salt & vinegar chips

IMG_0029

and once I start with them, I absolutely have to empty the bag, that’s how it works for me with this pairing, I just can’t get the headphones off my head, this soundscape makes me addicted.

I can’t logically explain why,

but this combination probably has just the small amount of spice it needs to be addictive.

As a note, if I am correctly informed, Meze could release a new special edition of the Empy II, hand-painted, at the beginning of May in time for the High-End in Munich.

https://www.highendsociety.de/markenverzeichnis-2023-652.html

This would also fit well on your shelf.

:+1:t2::wink:

10 Likes

Thanks, @Lothar_Wolf, for sharing with us. As I could soon be forced into retirement as well, it’s encouraging to me to hear from someone who has walked that path. Appreciate your contributions, and like you, I’m hoping to devote more time to this hobby when the current career ends.

As for football (even though @pennstac didn’t ask me), my Premier League preferences are as follows:
1a. Man City
1b. Arsenal
3. Liverpool’s Next Opponent

@pennstac, have you made any progress on the great speaker search? Any new candidates or older ones ruled out? Just curious.

4 Likes

I’d wish to have the power to stop this gear addiction.
Happiness at a controlled budget is true joy.
But buying gear does motivate me to continue to work…

9 Likes

As a child of the late 60s and 70s and as a football fan, I naturally have defining teams from that era as my favorites.

In Germany, of course, it was and is still the FC Bayern with Müller, Beckenbauer and Sepp Maier as the axis of success, that success continues for the club to this day.

Gerd Müller (†2021), Maier & Franz Beckenbauer - Ori. Autogramme in Essen - Bredeney | eBay Kleinanzeigen ist jetzt Kleinanzeigen[image]

—————

In England, of course, Liverpool FC with this unique stadium atmosphere and THE stadium anthem par excellence, You’ll never walk alone, where I always wanted to take part as a child and whose atmosphere still grips me until today, and they also have the emotional godfather of all coaches in Jürgen Klopp.

Admittedly, Arsenal, along with Xabi Alonso’s Leverkusen (Germany, undefeated in 32 games), are playing some impressive football this season.

Last Sunday, however, I saw one of the best draws of all time in Liverpool against Man City.

—————

In Spain there is only one club that has shaped the entire world of football since time immemorial and continues to do so to this day.

They always had influential German players on their team:

I have to respect that for decades, they have continually reinvented themselves and consistently delivered at the highest level.

—————

In Italy I have a club called Inter-Milan, and I have an emotional connection through its German players ……

and of course the San Siro Stadium due to a successful World Cup in 1990.

5 Likes

I just called Zach……….:wink:

1 Like

Red card for you. :rofl:

Man City are an experiment in what you can create if you’re owned by a billionaire and you don’t have a salary cap.

Arsenal are… well they’re Arsenal. I’m already bored so let’s move on…

Liverpool are the most entertaining team to play the game. Just a fact.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Lothar your posts always amuse me! Puts a smile on my face. :rofl:

7 Likes

When I was a kid of 13-14 I lived for a year in Argentina. Estudiantes! Although outside Argentina it seems that the Boca Juniors get more press.

2 Likes

Interesting, wasn’t there a defender on FC Bayern in the 78-79 season that went by the name Lothar Wolf, who also might be related to a Tim and Chris Wolf, also German footballers?

I wish you luck with that Holo stack and look forward to your thoughts if/when you get it! I love mine. Even at its relatively high price I think it offers incredible value, competing quite competently with stacks double (Chord) or triple (DCS) its price.

I am curious about Empy II. I am not a fan of Empy I, but I sort of liked Elite. Based on reviews I’m at least curious to hear what they did with Empy II, though at this point I can’t imagine adding a 4th headphone to my stable (I only have ONE head, you know!), but then again I’ve said that before, haven’t I? :wink:

2 Likes

My next-door neighbor was a Liverpool fan - with an in-law from Liverpool. They had a #2 son while they lived here and named him “Canon”. I couldn’t resist buying him an Arsenal onesie. They thanked me and said “It’s lovely - he’ll never wear it.”

2 Likes

Have not. The search involves time, money, and possibly travel. So hard to commit real money without listening. Currently have employee issues at work which take training time. And may get a car, which can affect spare cash.

Still near the top of the list are Harbeth 40.3 and Vandersteen. Egglestonworks would involve a field trip to listen.

4 Likes

It’s tough man, my only suggestion is to take a break from purchasing crap. I started this July of last year and have held on pretty strong. Got to be hell bent on the matter.

I decided to stop for one year and not purchase anything. I have not stopped participating in the hobby, that’s not my suggestion.

But still to this day I have brand new products unopened in the box. That’s why I drew the line.

I will say though, my problem originally was money during the pandemic. Once I went back to work that problem disappeared and the purchases kept rolling in. But my window of utility greatly minimized. That’s why I decided I need to stop, and in return my bank account has substantially grown. With that in mind, my plans are not to unleash these saving and go crazy again once I lift this boycott.

I would strongly suggest the same advice. You buy one thing and a month later something else comes out with rave reviews. That cycle never ends, better to just wait

3 Likes