The Off Topic

:+1:t2::clap:t2:

This is actually a problem!

When you suddenly have a lot of time and dedicate yourself to your hobby, you are researching almost constantly, and newer, more advanced and supposedly better things keep catching your eye.

Self-control isn’t that easy, especially when you’re in a forum like this and watching the “competition” and wanting to keep up.

Sometimes it is very advisable to take a complete break from things that constantly challenge you at an incredible pace, this can also include hobbies.

I was forced to take a timeout last year for health reasons, and overall it was very beneficial for me.

4 Likes

Ive been retired since July 7, 2010 and self-control does get a hold of you, that I can guarantee. Sometimes just enjoying what you have and forget about, new , new new. Health reasons, that I know all about. Good luck to ya,

3 Likes

I still keep watching and looking, I just don’t buy. I love to keep up with the industry. I don’t like to compete, it’s not fun. I rarely even show my system off on the internet.

When people come to my house they’re like what is happening here, I got audio in not only all my rooms but also sections of my home lol. The only place I haven’t defiled is the restroom.

I started strong with headphones, and honestly probably would of been best to stay that way. Now I’m into stereo, and that’s where the money really flows foolishly.

3 Likes

Looks like we have a date……

So let’s Dance

:wink::rofl:

1 Like

I don’t follow football/soccer, and can only go from team logos. The UK’s Premier League has many that look like they were sketched on a napkin by a drunken grandpa in a pub, or designed by a committee seeking to update tourism marketing in 1988.

Any team with a cannon, sword, or ram is good. Roses, songbirds, and trees are weak. Some of the vintage Arsenal stuff is better than the current one. The Leichester fox and Brentford bee are quirky.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Most were.

A drunk grandpa in a pub in the late 1800’s early 1900’s

5 Likes

Looks like two of them.

1 Like

COYG!!!

Arsenal is <3

Happy Birthday @pennstac !!!

:clinking_glasses::champagne:

10 Likes

Thank you :crutch: :pill: :syringe: :stethoscope: :man_in_motorized_wheelchair:

9 Likes

Happy Birthday @pennstac. Have a good one.

5 Likes

Happy Birthday @pennstac . 39 and holding, right? :grinning:

Mark Gosdin

6 Likes

39 - With 31 years experience.

5 Likes

I remind myself often that when my hair was all brown I could barely afford basic earbuds at Best Buy, and I had to chase “high fidelity” with bootleg downloaded mediaplayer plugins. :wink:

Happy birthday! :birthday:

4 Likes

Feliz Aniversário, @pennstac!!! :champagne: :birthday:

3 Likes

Happy birthday to you pennstac!

3 Likes

Happy B’Day @pennstac! May you age as gracefully as a fine wine… :wink: :balloon:

3 Likes

:wink: :metal:t2:

5 Likes

Lol…nice choice of emoji there!!! :joy: A very Happy Birthday to you @pennstac !!! Cheers to you :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes