The Off Topic

Thats a bigger space than I realized when you start to look at it. The acoustics of round rooms??

This is an old article and there are better pics around of the system that I remember seeing but this would probably outdo the Obama TT.

1 Like

Happy cake day @ProfFalkin.

2 Likes

Thank you! Much appreciated

2 Likes

Happy Cake Day ProfFalkin.

3 Likes

I wish you a very feliz día de la tarta @ProfFalkin !

3 Likes

At least we know where @ProfFalkin will be sitting when the cake is consumed.

6 Likes

He’ll be sitting on top of an ultra-rare $500 unobtainum vintage NOS tube that slipped out of its box. Smashed to bits and never heard again. @ProfFalkin will not reach audio nirvana because of that blasted birthday surprise party by the door that startled him to fall into the Chair of Unboxing.

Tragic.

Happy Cake Day, or condolences @ProfFalkin

4 Likes

Many happy cakes for the day @ProfFalkin

3 Likes

Happy cake day @ProfFalkin!

3 Likes

Thanks everyone. :vulcan_salute: :grin:

4 Likes

Yes this is the right forum. We should have an off topic confessions thread, like how into and addicted to the Netflix shera reboot I am. I let my 6 year old daughter watch it and now I’m hooked.

Sounds like my wife, but she uses 50 years old.

Happy cake day @bigshel99. :cake

6 Likes

5 Likes

Happy cake day @hifiDJ!

4 Likes

Didn’t even realize it, thanks!

4 Likes

Yes, Happy Cake Day @hifiDJ. Have a good one.

1 Like

There’s a barnburner in overtime in Baltimore tonight. Colts v Ravens. No love lost, I’m sure. I used to work 2 days a week co-located with a client that rented in Camden Yard. Two blocks in one direction, M&T Field. Less than a block in the other, the old Baltimore Colts museum featuring Johnnie Unitas. March 28, 1984 remains a black day in Baltimore history when Bob Irsay took the Colts to Indianapolis in the dead of night.

Note for Non-US members: The Colts and Ravens play professional US football. Camden Yard is the home of the Baltimore Orioles, a baseball team. Baseball uses a round bat, unlike cricket.

1 Like

This is one of my best one from William Rimmer.

1 Like

I miss 1:24 scale slot car racing on commercial tracks. In 1969, when I was in Mendoza Argentina, I had reached 14th in the local competition with my hand-rewound 26D motor in a Dyna magnesium chasis, topped first by a Honda F1 body, but later by a bright orange STP Indy car body. Probably the high point of my life…at that age…

3 Likes