The On-Topic, OFF-TOPIC Thread

Happy Cake Day @hottyson.

3 Likes

Thank you! I may not have any cake in the house. But, I think whiskey will do just fine to celebrate.
Cheers prfallon69!

3 Likes

Happy “Cake”,wink wink, Day !! :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Thank you.
Cheers Audiophool!

Here’s a Cake Day gift/curse of pie and cake flavored vodka. “Have your cake and drink it too.”

3 Likes

Thanks.
Cheers generic!

Thanks! what flavor is it by the way? Not that it would make any difference!

Proceeds to eat the cake

Hmmm! Good cake!

Wait, vodka IN the cake?

I’ll pass on the vodka (I don’t like alcoholic drinks, even though I’ve never tried one)!

1 Like

Hey, @hottyson happy anniversary (of the day you joined this community!)

2 Likes

Thanks.
Cheers Headphone 25!

1 Like

Happy drink :tropical_drink: a cake day @hottyson

3 Likes

Thanks pennstac.
Cheers!

1 Like

Happy Cake day Hottyson!

2 Likes

Muchas gracias SenyorC. ¡Salud!

1 Like

Welcome to DMS on the Headphone show

5 Likes

Oh boy.

Basically KZ putting in unused drivers saying it’s a tri-brid, they made a tri-brid, something to compete in the tri-brid space.

Amy suggestions on headphone stores to check out in Miami?

I will be “stuck” there from the 4th to the 13th, so it would be great if there is anywhere that stocks stuff we don’t usually find over here in Europe (at least easily).

1 Like

I wonder if @Torq’s house will have the best selection in Florida?

For consumer-to-entry-level audiophile stuff, visit a Best Buy with a Magnolia unit. While I’m not in Florida, I’ve found that many of the high end stereo stores nearby either reduced or dropped their headphone inventory. They say it’s a losing battle to fight against online stores with easy shipping and returns.

2 Likes

I only know of one, which would be Sound Lux Audio.

It’s not so much a “headphone store” as it is a HiFi retailer that happens to carry more brands that are generally more on the “personal audio/headphone” side of things than most.

I’ve not been there personally, but a couple of local friends have mentioned them. I believe they are by-appointment-only, and I have no idea what they carry from stock vs. have on demo vs. are just dealers for (and would have to order things in).

Maybe … though everything here is literally the flagship of its respective manufacturer/brand (excepting the SR-007MKII and the SR-009S).

If I’m around between the 4th and the 13th (too early to say), @SenyorC is welcome to come visit.

4 Likes

I have no doubt that he does. I also have no doubt that he doesn’t own anything that I could afford :smiley:

That is very kind of you and while I am not one to visit people’s homes very often, if you are around on those dates it would be great to meet you, even if it is only to buy you a beverage somewhere in your area.

I think you are fairly close by taxi (I will be staying in Coral Gables) and I’m sure I could learn more from listening to you over a glass of wine than I have in countless hours spent researching audio.

4 Likes

Depending on exactly where in Coral Gables you’re staying, you’ll be about 20 miles away. That’ll be a $50 cab fare with no traffic, $70-75 with.

But if I’m around, we’ll figure something out.

2 Likes