The On-Topic, OFF-TOPIC Thread

Not much down there, the "high end stores cater to 2 channel and HT

Dyson Zone | Air-purifying headphones | Overview | Dyson

• Today, Jake Dyson has unveiled the Dyson Zone™, Dyson’s first step into wearable technology. The Dyson Zone™ is a set of noise cancelling, high fidelity over-ear headphones which simultaneously deliver immersive sound to the ears, and purified airflow to the nose and mouth. The result of over a decade of air quality research and development, the Dyson Zone™ air-purifying headphones simultaneously tackle the urban issues of air quality and noise pollution.*
3 Likes

That promises to revolutionize audio the same way that the Segue scooter promised to revolutionize transportation.

3 Likes

Bane approves

8 Likes

Sure seems like an elaborate April Fool’s joke a couple of days too early.

4 Likes

Early April fools joke?

Lol sorry tjg I wrote this without reading your comment. Great minds think alike. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

April Fools was my initial reaction too. However, the website says it has been in development for 6 years. I hoped this was a joke, but they set the announcement date a few days before joke day so maybe no. It also is timely to release it as COVID mask mandates come to an end – especially if this isn’t tested as a medically effective virus mask. There’d be tons of confusion about marketing a product that won’t or can’t be accepted as a viable mask.

Dyson says this was originally just an air filter concept, but user testing led to adding audio…so the sound quality may fit the profile of a bundled function and afterthought. “The best sounding vacuum cleaner on the planet.” Those headphone cup shaped objects are air intakes and filters, while the mouth and nose bar is where the clean air comes out. The audio drivers may be the size of mini on-ear headphones.

2 Likes

Bane likes ZMF

3 Likes

Bane might be better off with the new Dyson air purifying headphones lol

2 Likes

Never heard of those (until now)!

Has anyone demoed or bought a pair of Schiit Tyr amps? These seem to be the 200 W (8 Ohm) or 350 W (4 Ohm) monoblock version of the Aegir.

https://www.schiit.com/products/tyr

The video lives up to it’s title all right!

Off to Axpona this morning. First time going to Axpona (and Chicago) so stoked for this one! Looking forward to seeing @SebastienChiu and others there!

4 Likes

Nice!!! Wish I was going 🥹.

Hope you guys post some video of the show for us who live vicariously through those that are returning to somewhat normal life😜

1 Like

Haha it’s just me and @andrew going to this one but you should expect to see some video from Munich next month!

3 Likes

I’m planning on trying to make it over to Munich but with ISE the week before, I’m not sure how many trade shows I can handle in such a short period of time :smile:

3 Likes

Oh wow, according to that, its a definite yes. Did you find that on Linsoul or is there like a database of headphone power requirements?

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: Headphone & Audio “Power” Tools

One of those days when …

What I’m listening to seems heavily shifted to the right channel … (no settings or gear changed) …

… you just chalk it up to being one of “those” days …

… and then it bugs you too much … so you reboot the speakers (in this case, just my Phantom IIs), and everything is centered again. Very odd … given that these speakers do not have (that I know of) a balance control).

When in doubt … reboot it all.

Not an issue that occurs, ever, with my vinyl system …

5 Likes

Sometimes I wonder if there is reboot to correct windows code in all firmware!!! :thinking: