Unique Melody MEST - Hybrid IEM - Official Thread

What discount is this of which you speak?

2 Likes

Its to the first 50 purchasers just email support at musicteck to see if its still availableā€¦ I think it is a 15% discount

3 Likes

Whatā€™s price after the discount? Or the $1,399 is the discounted price?

1 Like

I was this afternoon at the Music Teck website looking at the Unique Melody and they are impressive!! I donā€™t know if all sound as good or better than the MEST ( is not the TOTL of the brand ), or if they are comfortable, but they are ALL beautiful!!!:heart:
Also, a couple of them have a substantial discount.
Please, keep commenting.

2 Likes

That is before discount pricing

2 Likes

Thank you sir! Much appreciated. Apparently this info is not widely available which is okay.

1 Like

Well, our dollar has gone to shit. So wonā€™t be getting these any time soon :frowning:

1 Like

not gonna lie, I bought pre-maturely on the basis I can sell my Andromedas and a DAP lol ( I have the cash to buy them but would rather rotate out gear that wonā€™t be used to fund them lol)

Edit: erhhh ā€¦ I will use the sale of my other gear to refill my coffers lol as I have already purchased these lol

1 Like

Created an account just to thank @TylersEclectic for the heads up on the MEST discount on Musicteck.
Just made payment, hopefully they give a different flavor than my A12T & M5ā€¦ Was also looking at Dunu Luna and A18T(love the signature, but way above my budget after splurging so much these past months)ā€¦

7 Likes

I know these feelsā€¦all this craziness has me buying like crazyā€¦ and not TP the new gold standard eitherā€¦but toys I want like more camera gear/PC gear/audio gear lol

Iā€™m looking forward to getting mine in the next couple days! Weā€™ll have to compare notes :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, thats fair though.

Its a bit savage down here sometimes. If I was to buy them, with the exchange rate, no discount, shipping and import tax, Iā€™d estimate them to be around $3000 AUD.

1 Like

Your AUD rate has dropped quite a bit these past weeks, but still hell much better than my MYR rateā€¦
Wish I went in on the IER-Z1R last year when addictedtoaudio had an insane discount on thoseā€¦

1 Like

Tell me about it, being locked in with nothing except a PC/TV in front of youā€¦ the GAS just keeps getting strongerā€¦ Now iā€™m thinking whether aftermarket cables will improve on the stock :anguished:

2 Likes

Thanks for the comparison. In terms of resolution how would you compare MEST vs u12t? I am looking for really resolving IEMs and I have heard u12t and they were astounding in that regard. I wonder if you have heard the A8000 by Final, any comparisons there?

Any comparison with the U18T? I very much prefer the U18T than the U12T, hoping the MEST signature is leaning towards the 18T but Andrew mentioned it has more of a V signature.

1 Like

Another U18t lover. Hello and welcome @Levanter. I love mine. But I havenā€™t heard the MEST.

Itā€™s always nice to have another iem guy around.

2 Likes

Itā€™s hard to say. I mentioned it a bit, here, but Unique Melody say it has a more pronounced effect with the CIEM version since there is more contact area with the ear than with the universal.

Iā€™ll still have my universal set when my customs arrive ā€¦ especially where I canā€™t actually get them the necessary ear impressions at the moment, so will be able to directly compare when I have both.

3 Likes

The U12t achieves about the same resolution as the MEST in the upper-mids/lower-treble, but otherwise the MEST out resolves them.

2 Likes

If you prefer the U18t over the U12t then the MESTā€™s tuning may not be your thing, as the U18t is pretty lean and neutral sounding in comparison.

The UM unit is not neutral; the bottom end is significantly more present with the MEST, and carries more tonal weight across the spectrum (especially in the mids and treble) with better texturing. There is more treble energy and extension as well.

4 Likes

Well this is great! I was going to ask about IEMs once weā€™re allowed to go back to work, but youā€™ve saved me the effort. Of course you cost me a few hundred bucks more than I was planning on spending, but you guys are reeeaaally good at that.

5 Likes