What's in the box!

Matching cable. :grin:

17 Likes

A nice unexpected delivery of two boxes today…

19 Likes

One Pad (pair) to rule them all…
:eyes:

18 Likes

Good luck remembering which goes with which.

2 Likes

Actually it’s pretty obvious.

3 Likes

Which pads? ZMF? That’s quite the haul.

4 Likes

Verité Lambskin, Verité Be Hybrid, Universe Lambskin, and Universe Perforated Hybrid.

I’ve ordered a few pads before and wanted to not have to order anymore (for the time being). Hopefully the “right pad” are in this recent haul! :grin:

I wish Zach would use the same backing on the Verité that they use for the Universe. The Verité backing is so thick and muffles the sound too much, imo.

The Uni’s are coming out on top so far.

5 Likes

You took the hybrid plunge. I’m probably gonna get at least one. See if I find it ok sonically.

4 Likes

Got this Soldierdude Cable Filter for 250 ohm Beyers in on loan. Supposed to help smooth out the FR. Will toss up reviews somewhere here not sure if I wanna start a whole new thread so might add it to a Beyer thread depending on how good it is.

9 Likes

Interesting. EQ in a dongle?

1 Like

Today something that I’ve been eyeballing ever since I heard it at Axpona 2019 arrived. I never thought I’d spend this much on such a device but I am so happy I did.
rps20200807_031052

rps20200807_031210

19 Likes

a Raspberry Pi 4B 8GB set, as Roon Endpoint for the living room, to be used with the ifi xDSD

another Vertical mouse - this time the Logitech MX Vertical wireless

because ergonomics and while we already have a wired vertical mouse in use, we want a wireless

after I moved the RME ADI 2 DAC > THXAAA789 stack from the living-room to the desk in our office-room, at home … I want less cables flying around on the desk.

I´d consider a wireless keyboard later. Recommendations are welcome - no pulsing RGB shananigans needed, silent in use and it should be full size. We have already a small wireless keyboard in the living room and while it works ok, my wife wants the numbers block for her work.

Logitech claims 4months out of the battery and 3hours after 1 minute loading with the USB C …
the dongle is not needed, if your Mac/PC/notebook/tablet has the low latency BT codec

The main thing for me, besides less cables on the desk: it has Logitech flow support
So it can operate parallel on both the pc/notebook setup as like second/third screen, which comes in handy, as I often use the notebook parallel to the PC on the desk. … it is not like you have to press a switch and it connects to the other device - it can be like this, if you want with up to 3 machines. The funny thing is, you just leave the display from your pc, move further and it appears on the notebook´s screen. Have to check it out later this weekend. From some reviews, it worked fine and it even did work between Windows and Mac!

another reason for this mouse is, it´s able to drag n drop files via the pc and the notebook … just needs the Logitech “option” software running on both and I know - network guys, there are better solutions

DPI adjustable between 400 - 4000 - by the way

18 Likes

Nice I also have the Liberty on my desk at the moment. I’ve been using either the RNHP Fidelice as an amp with it or the iFi Audio Pro iCAN. The Liberty with the Pro iCAN is a pretty fun combo. Quite surprised with the amount of punch the Liberty packs by itself as well.

10 Likes

Awesomeness. I haven’t used any other amp yet with it but I have plans to hook it up to the THX 789 as soon as I get some TRS to xlr cables. The Liberty has impressed me so much with it’s presentation and clarity. It is unseating the Monolith THX AAA 788 as my benchmark for reviews. Yeah this little guy is underrated in my opinion.

1 Like

Focal Clear arrived today! Thanks Taron for being awesome with all the customer service.

Kinda smells like car tires out of the box lol

24 Likes

It’s been a minute since I’ve been on/around. Busy AF! But I picked up a few things.

Picked up some new caps.

Finally picked up the universe perf hybrid pads for my Verite. Really like the hybrids due to the suede.

Also picked up a pilot pad for the fostex. Much better imo.

15 Likes

I love that mouse, it is the best.
I use this wireless keyboard and I am on the second one now. It has a great arm rest, it looks nice, it is sturdy and with a lot of extra gadgets. I mean a key for a caculator is great, I use it all the time. I can highly rec it and the price is almost the best thing, it is not RGB expensive.

3 Likes

Oops, I did it again.

18 Likes

Yes, yes, we’ve all seen that chair before.

8 Likes

But we’ve never the chair in its full glory. @ProfFalkin knows that chairs – just like the female form – are much more enticing when some of the bits are hidden. My only question is why he keeps putting the chair under a box just to take it out again?

6 Likes