What's in the box!

A long time ago, I used to work at a HiFi shop. People would come in wanting to hear Bowers and Wilkins. So I showed them. Then I would let them listen to the KEF reference sevens. Game over.

9 Likes

Awesome. I am thinking about upgrading from my Vanatoo T0s and these are something I should look into. Nice purchase. Hopefully no big Aus markup.

4 Likes

Dope! Let me know what you think, I have been eyeing those speakers for some time now. Would love to hear your thoughts on the sound signature for multiple genre of music.

3 Likes

I’ll spare everyone my tiresome “t-shirt mud wrestling contest” analogy (but I’m thinking it).

2 quality tube amps…would love to know the outcome of that tussle.

3 Likes

Back in the mid-'80s when I traveled for sales, I was in Chicago (or maybe Madison?) and heard then-SOTA big KEF speakers at an audio salon. It was the best sound I ever heard, and not by small measure. Silly $$ of course, but it indirectly led me to Vandersteen (in those days KEF & Vandersteen shared many sonic traits).

Picked up a pair of the Vandersteen 4’s used a year later & everthing changed–that’s still the best sound I’ve heard in my own home.

6 Likes

I finally had to replace a set of Kef C20’s I had since 1986 when I was in high school. They sounded great right until the end…

5 Likes

They are good all arounders the only fallback is they dont go low into the sub bass. They do however have nice tight bass especially above 50-60hz.
For a computer nearfield setup they would perfect!!

3 Likes

Dope! Thx for sharing! Are they pretty big? I am running out of desk space lol.

2 Likes

The LSX is a smaller version of the LS50. I have a pair on my desk and they are quite good. The biggest downside is they have their own internal ADC-DAC, so it may defeat the purpose of a nice external DAC. Although if you are short on space then maybe not having an external DAC is a good thing.

3 Likes

Thankfully. Local hifi store guy is a champ. Basically US RRP parity pricing. Not Aus RRP ($1000 Aus higher …)…

4 Likes

Yeah, they are hefty. I would mock up a cardboard box and see how they look. And they are heavy!

I upgraded from a IK Multimedia MTM. In its own right, no slouch.

First thing I notice is how they feel like a hifi speaker. Hifi sound. And MTM very much a studio focussed monitor.

I went them as the coaxial driver works well for nearfield, and they are loaded with tech. So I can move then to a different purpose one day. TV duties. Hifi duties. Just plug to power and you’re sorted.

4 Likes

Initial review of the the Woo WA5-LE vs Feliks Euforia AE is up HERE

I figured this thread isn’t the right one for a giant review block. Looking forward to all your feedback and questions!

8 Likes

Here is my Custom Citadel it’s a hybrid.

26 Likes

What a beauty @BondDaBoom !

2 Likes

One solid pice of gear both in weight, sound and looks.
Congrats sir!

Where was it made?

2 Likes

Sweden. Ultra Sonic Studio

5 Likes

Original Cavalli Liquid Gold

19 Likes

@BondDaBoom, I would love to be your mailman, just to get close to all that wonderful gear that gets deliver to and from your home.

3 Likes

Put bedroom/office I’m a snorer

17 Likes

Really clean looking setup. That Burson looks beautiful.

6 Likes