What's in the box!

Fedex brought an anticipated package.

Always boxes inside of boxes.

And the inner box a familiar name FX-Audo.

Another of those small metal boxes, the included cables almost overwhelm it.

The FX-Audio DAC-X3 Pro, courtesy of Drop.

Safely ensconced with it’s big cousin the TUBE-P1.

More stuff to play with now that the weather’s cooled off here in Florida.

Mark Gosdin

18 Likes

Love the bad grammar on the box.

4 Likes

Chinese try, but English is not easy even for those of us who grew up with it. I’ve seen much worse grammar on documents & in letters here in the U.S.

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

That FX Audio equipment is such a bargain, and the tube amp looks very cool. I hope you write up some thoughts on everything you have.

4 Likes

My Grandmother (rest her soul) always said “Diabetus.”

6 Likes

Standard US pronunciation…my mother said it that way too.

4 Likes

You think English is hard try Chinese. Things that sound the same but said with different tone changes the meaning had a year of Mandarin.

6 Likes

Sigh, I understand. I’ve been studying Japanese off and on for the past 5 years. Keeps the mind sharp, it does.

My youngest son taught himself Mandarin & Japanese, don’t know how he does it. He’s working on Hindi now…

Mark Gosdin

7 Likes

Man these Burson products have really good esthetic overall, how do you feel about the enclosure with the ridges wrapping around it @BondDaBoom ? I ask because in Nevada that could be a dust bunny paradise waiting to happen hahah. How does it sound as well!?

3 Likes

It looks better in person. Pretty nice size good weight to it. The ridges for heat sink is what makes it beautiful. It pose a dust problem. The sound is really good its up there with my bigger system. Sounds neutral. Makes my LCD 2 little more oomph. I’m using it also as a dac to my Stax Energizer. I like the sound of the dac not bright just neutral.

4 Likes

These are Adorama Edition HE6se. They very good sounding better then regular HE6se. Price 699 if you find it or 1799 if you don’t. Someone posted it on HE6se thread on headfi.

11 Likes

Okay… NOW my wife is getting worried :rofl:
I am comming home from work and my eldest son proudly shows his latest buy:

A Bey­er­dy­namic DT-990 Pro 250 ohm + a Fiio K3 amp.

He has never shown any interest in amps or HP, but suddenly this was important for him to get.
Dad is proud :smiley:

19 Likes

It’s nice to have some shared interests with your kids. :+1:

4 Likes

This thing is called a package, the whole thing starts with a box…

Oh my, A box within a box. How inscrutable!

A case is inside the boxed box. I’ve always wanted a case!

Finally! Thanks to @Earmuffs! Can’t wait to use them!

27 Likes

Nice pair. That was my 1st ZMF can before trying a bunch of them.

3 Likes

Did you have a favorite? (Stupid question right?)

3 Likes

VC is my favorite. I liked the rest but the VC has best dynamics and tone of headphone. I’d say it’s a bass head SQ headphone. Low and top end I really dig.

7 Likes

I’ll get there, but I need to make incremental purchases. One kid in college, another next year, and 2 more in High School/Middle School.
Plus I need to upgrade my amp next

6 Likes

3 Likes

When these went online as B-stock at $129 I couldn’t help my self :roll_eyes:

And this BF deal I also had to get, audio or not :innocent:

16 Likes