What's in the box!

“Cheese and RICE!!!” that purple!!! so nice!!! like this unit a lot! I may need to figure out a way to demo one =)

6 Likes

Latest to my HFM collection.

Really like the gun metal finish (which I can’t seem to capture at all with my crappy phone camera)
Standard crappy HFM cable :white_check_mark:
Light as a feather compared to the HE6se
Sound…TBD

20 Likes

Also got a HFM in…

The blue is actually a lot nicer in person than I thought it would be.

17 Likes

@Audiophool , @BondDaBoom’s T&A HA200 looks just like you.

2 Likes

Haha, you mean my :elephant: ?? Took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about…but you’re right, it does.:laughing:

1 Like

Yes, it looks like your :elephant: through a purple filter.

2 Likes

Double-Header Friday

ifi Zen DAC purchased from Headphones.com! It arrived after many days on a winter-weather-delayed FedEx train ride. Woo hoo choo choo – @andrew and @taronlissimore! I can now respond to your post-purchase survey.

Reasons for buying: (1) I didn’t own a Burr-Brown DAC, and (2) I’m continuing to experiment with a 2nd COVID-required listening station and wanted more DAC flexibility.

Sony WF-XB700 True Wireless IEMs. It was time for my (annual) sports IEM replacement. Batteries wear out, IEMs get soaked in sweat, quirks develop, and it’s time for a change. These are “Extra Bass,” which isn’t my buying pattern for in-home audio. But, bass isn’t so noticeable with physical activity and noise. This set was available at a huge discount in new condition (were they mis-marked?). With testing, I wouldn’t describe them as extra bass so much as high-relief bass and treble. They aren’t so much V shaped as gated so Every Note Is Punchy. When EQed to neutral they lose much of their character. More later.

14 Likes

I’ve got an iFi ICAN and I used it for awhile, and it’s a fine piece of gear, but it just didn’t do it for me personally, in SS, tube, or tube+, and I’ll be putting it up for sale. Let me know if you’re able to open the back of that remote! I had no luck! Enjoy it in good health!

Nice find, where did you find those 5998s? Didn’t you have those a few weeks ago?

2 Likes

Your dealer sold it to me. Bought my whole T+A collection from Joe. Got discount on all 3 items. The amp is super German engineering. The volume knob alone feels incredible when turned. You get more features then any other amp with a DAC. Only negative is no outputs. This is a good amp for planars with a 700mA.

2 Likes

He probably means he’s now ready to transcend. Whatever that means is purely individual and I’m sure I wouldn’t understand. :man_shrugging:

Where are they heading?

Cake day!

20ish char.

1 Like

My way of saying i has no idea what i was getting but i think it worked out.

Got a couple more things today

I’ve been going back and forth between the Arya and Lcd-10. I really like the 10 better, better punch, bass and seems very energetic compared to the Arya. I forget how heavy it is. With the Dekoni’s, keeps your ears from hitting the drivers. Not impressed with stock pads. No options with the Arya.

10 Likes

I meant the pair of tubes. :smiley:

Thank you Sir. One year already in the community. Wooow… And still:

• living the dream;
  • listening to music;
  • not bankrupt;
  • alive and kicking.

Cheers. :beers:

5 Likes

This might get you going in the right direction.

5 Likes

I now have two pairs. I’m trying to bulk up before they get too hard to find.

1 Like

I was thinking of something like this. (It goes with the amp :wink:)

1 Like

Damn is that amp green! I love it, but my wife won’t be able to miss it, leading to uncomfortable questions

2 Likes

My biggest chair regret was buying a gaming chair for my computer.

The Herman Miller Aeron can usually be found through office supply places for around the same price as a top notch gaming chair, and I’d go that way if I could do it all over again.

I had an Aeron at my last job. Sooo freaking good. I miss it.

6 Likes

I’ve been looking at gaming chairs as dual function, home office/ Nintendo switch seating. I have 3 gamers in my house that would happily snap up a chair like that if I decided I didn’t like it.
I’ve used chairs like the Aeron. They are insanely comfortable for extended use. A real arse hammock.

2 Likes