What's in the box!

Some Benchmark Y-Splitters, Neutrik color rings, and a couple of BNC to RCA adapters.

12 Likes

And here I was thinking about some suuuper short XLR cables…perfect timing!

2 Likes

I use XLR y-splitters on my Bifrost2 to 2 amps. Haven’t really seen anyone mention doing it …only switch boxes. So I’ve always wondered if maybe it wasn’t a good idea or there might be a reason not to?? I see mention of splitting RCA all the time though. Any words of warning , something to look out for or not do ? (Noob here) :woozy_face:

2 Likes

I think it’s should be fine. I doubt it will affect the output impedance to any significant degree.

1 Like

And a new iFi Powerstation

(I should ask @SebastienChiu for a sponsorship) :joy:

14 Likes

And don’t worry - I’m moving it to the bottom slot and creating more ventilation.

A couple hours into this relationship and I’m in love. And I haven’t even tried to change it yet.

14 Likes

Back when we had someone who did great photography, including incredibly smooth pans – Marcello something with photography, I think he was. My wife even said he looked cute. The sticking point is getting lined up with a decent amp. I even bought a case (um @nectarsoundnet makes a great headphone but they don’t invest a lot in packaging…) so that it could be shipped for a review. I guess now they are working on an amp and possibly going through a backlog of reviews.

I would just like to see a comparison. I’ve never had a top quality STAX and amp to listen to in the past um 25 years, and then it was in store. So I’m genuinely curious about how the Hive stacks up. And it would be instructive to hear from people who might compare it to some other flagships.

So sure. @Resolve would be another candidate for a review. I’d let them go on a tour of 2 or 3 of the forum.headphones.com reviewer crowd. Long as I got them back… .

3 Likes

Wooohooo! More powerstations to go around the merrier!

2 Likes

Got a great deal on these from Adorama. And they got here in less than 48hrs after I bought them!

!

23 Likes

Tempted to get them as well…just because of the price. Already have the Radiance though so might be a waste? Be good to have for on the go though.

2 Likes

They’re going to the office

1 Like

Honestly after listening to them for a bit, I’d would have been disappointed in them at full retail, but for $399, they sound great. I also ordered the Dekoni sheepskin pads for them, but they haven’t made it here yet. I get what people say about the bottom end on these there’s just barely enough to say it’s OK. The sheepskins are supposed to give it a little kick in the @$$. Which is what it needs.

6 Likes

You’ll have to excuse my poor artistic skills but I got a box of Roon in the (e)mail.

14 Likes

I am not turning into a tube roller.

Aw crap.

15 Likes

Mine were a bit better with around hundred hours on them. Leave 'em running for a few days. My only complaint with the Elegia was too firm clamp pressure. That varies by pair from what I understand.

I have Dekoni Elite Sheepskins on my Clears. I like them.

2 Likes

Nice, I just put in an order for the limited run Dekoni Stellia replacement pads. Was so tempted to also order the Elite Focal ones to compare. And if you’ve not already seen it, Torq’s thread on pad rolling:

3 Likes

There is a rumor in certain Hi-Fi forums, that the Elegia with the Celestee pads sound unbelievably fantastic (some claim even better than Stellia). It’s worth a try if you got your hands on those pads.

2 Likes

Nice! I recognize that box, and took delivery of some of those a few days ago. :wink: What tube type did you get? Mine are 12AU7WA first edition with rare Square Getters.

Here are mine.

9 Likes

That is correct. You ARE a filthy tube roller.

4 Likes

Man, those tube rollers… Gotta watch out for them.

4 Likes