What's in the box!

Just for some MS Teams Meetings. To drive my Shure SM7B.
Already have the Zoom H8 and a Thomann FatAmp for the Mic and the Combo works just fine.
Though wanted something stationary. So I can keep the H8 in my camerabag.

1 Like

Tubes for the (demo) Stratus!

17 Likes

I am indeed! Actually, switching between Stratus, WA5, and straight out of DAVE. Trying to get super comfortable with the characteristics of each amp to figure out exactly what I like (and do not like), and whether or not I want to take the leap and order a Stellaris.

4 Likes

And that “light at the end of the tunnel” … is a colonoscope

2 Likes

Best of all the worlds!

1 Like

There is a long story that helps explain why I bought a 25 year old amplifier.

And the punchline of that story is: I wanted it.

28 Likes

BIG day around here. A series of purchases made while I was away from home for 6 weeks (New granddaughter! Taking care of grandson!) were either (a) sent ahead to a friend’s house; (b) bought in LA and shipped home; and (c) carried with me on the plane.

Just spent about 3 hours setting it all up and I’m completely blown away by all these purchases. In particular, I A/B’d the Hugo TT2 to the Parasound P6’s DAC and though the Parasound sounds great, the Hugo is mind-blowing.

Still awaiting delivery of my ampsandsound Kenzie Ovation and my ZMF Aeolus, but all my research, planning and obsessive searching for the hard-to-find-these-days P6 all paid off today.

32 Likes

Parasound stuff is amazing! Used to have the Hint6 integrated.

3 Likes

Almost went that way but was encouraged by Justin at ampsandsound to just go with the P6 and the A21+ and live happily ever after.

4 Likes

I was aiming at Clairvoyance or Monarch as my next IEM, but when the Oracle/Excalibur came I went for the Oracle. If it is as good, but at $200 less, then it is a bargin.

They are smaller than expected, but build and cable seems solid in quality and the same for the accessories. Only one size spin-fit tip, but very cool unboxing.

16 Likes

Celebrating Alvin Lucier’s 90th birthday. Wonderful boxset with so much incredible material.

8 Likes

MatsushitaECC82 by drjlo2, on Flickr

Matsushita ECC82. Made in Japan, made with Mullard tooling, ordered from Netherlands, 3 weeks to arrive in U.S.
Matsushita ECC83 tubes are more common in U.S., and what blows my mind is how these tubes made with Mullard tooling sound nothing like Mullards…

9 Likes

That’s interesting, I’d assumed that buying a Matsushita tube was a cheaper way of getting something close to an equivalent Mullard tube. How are they different?

2 Likes

My fever-dream acquisition spree continues - and man oh man, combining this Lumin U1 Mini with my new Chord Hugo TT2 DAC and all coming out of my new Parasound P6 and A21+ (fed into my KEF Q950s) is just about everything I was hoping it would be. My month of May, spent researching and thinking and changing plans and working out a grand cable maze behind the scenes all paid off this week!

16 Likes

Nice one! That definitely looks like a Mullard, and that just goes to show where and when a tube was made, plays a big role in how it sounds.

1 Like

I already have Mullard versions. My tastes run more towards Matsushita’s, which sound closer to Siemens than Mullard. Very strange, I know…

Love the Parasound gear! I had the non-plus A21 back when I had a 2-channel speaker setup (and home theater). Since then, my kids got older and took over my basement home theater, hence why I moved on to headphones. Parasound makes good looking and sounding gear!

1 Like

I’m loving the Parasounds - it’s hard to isolate what they bring to the overall sound, given that I upgraded to my Chord DAC and my Lumin Streamer at the same time, but the overall impact is greater than I was even hoping for. I will say that I feel like I’m using a pinky’s worth of the power the A21+ is capable of, and it’s loud and strong and detailed.

I also use the home theater bypass function in the P6 to give my KEF Q950s double-duty and the setup of that was stupid-easy.

1 Like

I too used the home theater bypass of my old P5 - loved that capability! I ran a very enjoyable Salk speaker system with dual subs with the P5 and A21. I really do miss it!

1 Like

I really enjoy the Parasound amps and also the Lumin. I don’t have the U1, I have the T2 and a D2 in different rooms.

1 Like