What's in the box!

Lucky you! I was a little skeptical about how much value a pure non-DAC streamer might deliver, but I’m a convert. Had I not already had the Chord DAC I would probably have gone for either of your Lumin models.

1 Like

And the support is awesome as well.

1 Like

Courtesy of Lea Bertucci that sold me her last copy of this wonderful vinyl release.

6 Likes

Sounds good based on the quick cut I just listened to on tidal. Seems like a fun one to listen front to back and zen the hell out!

1 Like

It is very interesting the way Lea explores the space where she plays with her sounds. It’s never simply sound but always sound and its influence on the ambience. I love those kind of explorations.

1 Like

But why? :wink:

(No judgement here of course)

2 Likes

Excellent question! :laughing:

A friend near me has a tiny budget, wants to dip her toes into the waters of the hobby. I helped her pick, and gave caution for the Beyer sound sig. She’s a piano player and listens to similar for recreation.

I’ll be modding these a bit. She loves the fit, just needs a little sonic tweaking.

12 Likes

Happy Cake Day. What do think of that Audiovalve Solaris?

1 Like

I’m finally trying the Bifrost 2. I ordered it ages ago, and before a couple came up for sale on this site.

I think @ValentineLuke also said Schiit is taking ages to ship, as there are global chip delays and chip shortages. Serendipitously, my “black” outer case developed a beautiful patina as Schiit waited for parts. So, the case closely matches my RebelAmp. It’s the new standard in home audio.

27 Likes

Can’t wait to get your impressions, as that’s the DAC I am eyeballing!

1 Like

I think the shipping foam melted and oozed all over that puppy on its way to Casa de Generic

1 Like

I am looking forward to getting my email that mine is ready to ship. Congrats!

2 Likes

Thanks haha.

I really liked the Solaris. It was the amp that pretty much sold me on tube amps in general. While not a particularly colored sound, it still enhanced the full spectrum in a way I had never heard before.

But the Solaris does have an achilles heel, and that is its versatility. If you don’t need most of what the Solaris can deliver, you can probably find a more specialized amp with similarly good sound for much less. But if you have different use cases where the Solaris’ versatility comes to its right, that’s when I would say it’s absolutely worth considering.

1 Like

Found these HD580s in amazing shape. Going to give them some time and see how they compare to the trusty HD650.
@Jsim I blame and thank you at the same time haha.

18 Likes

I didn’t do a proper unboxing because I was too impatient. New VC stabilized arrived yesterday. Has been a fun 24 hours breaking them in.

34 Likes

Really enjoying this aio option. It’s perfect for a desktop setup like mine. Glad I was able to do business with Todd the vinyl junkie. Todd was a pleasure to work with and can’t recommend enough.

It’s definitely smaller than I imagined…

23 Likes

Long wait, great pleasure.
Justin is the kindest and most professional man in the market.
Feel like when I was 3 on Xmas morning.

29 Likes

Congratulations Stefano, looks amazing :star_struck:!!! Look forward to your thoughts.

1 Like

Thank you mate.
I’m in a mad period with hospital but I hope to have time at night to give a listen.

1 Like

How long was your wait? I’m 6+ weeks into my production of a Kenzie Ovation and hoping it’s in the home stretch!

1 Like