What's in the box!

…and now for something completely different!

I was looking for a set of closed backs under $500, and finally realised iems ARE the recommended closed backs under $500. Thanks to Headphones.com I get to go outside for a stoogie with Coltrane!

19 Likes

I wasnt expecting this for a few more weeks, just showed up on my door, no tracking, no notification, just a cardboard covered 40lbs left on my porch.

Hee Hee.

Apologies to @ProfFalkin for no chair shot, just too excited to get this f**ker hooked up.

30 Likes

Nice, congrats! Which Lv did you get?

My Spring must be coming too. I got a text notification but no email notification whatsoever. The tracking page does not have any details either; so weird. Did yours ship from Hong Kong?

4 Likes

L2.

Drop shipped from HK. Appeared out of nowhere, nice surprise.

5 Likes

Hey, if you want proper ugly chair photos, just send it over. I’d be happy to help. :innocent:

Congrats!

5 Likes

Couldnt afford the shipping rate for another 40lb international shipment!!

3 Likes

Under-promise, overdeliver. Congrats! I can imagine the May playing nice with DNA and Utopia.

9 Likes

Awesome! Excited to see your impressions with DNA and Utopia since it’s the same chain as mine and I am looking at the May!

4 Likes

Really like the Asgard 2, especially with planars. IMHO it’s very underrated regarding its performance with planars. Really enjoy it with my Fostex T50RP MK 3 and Hifiman HE 4XX.

2 Likes

Another amp I had the insatiable urge to try before the Stellaris is built…

27 Likes

Ok, ok! Let’s go!

I need your comparisons when you get time haha :laughing:

You’ve used a lot of high end gear and I need to know how this stacks up. Hopefully it’s not disappointing…:grimacing:

Congratulations!

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ll definitely do a comparison writeup. I now owe this forum a Stratus V4 and LTA MZ3 review. I might do a three-way between the Woo WA5, Stratus V4, and LTA MZ3. First impressions are that the MZ3 clearly a good amp. Having borrowed an MZ2 for a bit a few months ago, I can definitely say the MZ3 is that, but improved. It’s certainly my favorite aesthetically. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Appreciate any feedback. Hard to compare all these high end amps. Cant have them all and there’s not a ton out there on this amp.

2 Likes

100% true. And this amp doesn’t come up on the used market much either, so I had to really wait it out. This one showed up on Canuck Audio Mart from a super pleasant seller up in Canada.

3 Likes

Awesome! Old stock tubes?

Even so, as long as I hear an improvement I’m good. I honestly don’t even care if it’s really there or not. :rofl:

1 Like

Unless you’re @andris, who apparently can have them all. :wink:

Congrats @andris on another great purchase. You truly are the king of bargain hunting for used equipment. Just waiting for you to get the Nautilus too (maybe when your Stellaris arrives, so you can do a comparison between the two) and then I think you’re pretty much done.

9 Likes

It seemed to come with the factory tubes, but I only used those once before swapping in Sylvania 6SN7’s and La Radiotechnique 12AU7’s. It ended up being a minor improvement, but nothing mind blowing. The amp was very good with the stock tubes, which seemed to be perfectly decent NOS tubes.

3 Likes

I could “have more of them” for sure, but I prefer having a larger bank account. :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

I was enjoying them with ZMF Classics (which are modded versions of your Fostex) and the RAD-0s.
I’ve owned both the Asgard 2 and 3 and find I prefer the 2.

3 Likes